1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions on ways to keep ps3 clean

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by royalgod, Dec 25, 2007.

1. royalgod

royalgod Member

does anyone noe of a way to keep the dust that gets into ur ps3 to a minimum i wuz thinking of shelfs but that cost too much, my fren said sony sent him a box that helps and if anyone noe where to get such a thing could they plz tell me where you got it?

2. ccbl

ccbl Member

i keep it under a shelf... its a little oversized for the ps3 which is good so it doesnt overheat too much.. my friend had his under a tv stand and it got way too hot. but when i had it exposed on a table... i would just put a clean t-shirt or paper over it to keep it from dust

i love my shelf now though and wouldnt go back

3. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

Buy one of them small handheld hoovers & hoover the PS3 everyday in the mornings when you wake up or before you go to sleep.

4. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Only if you can set the hoover really really low and it might damage the internals.

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Canned air, a dust rag, and occassional vacuuming done very carefully.

6. ins001

ins001 Member

i cover mine with the bag that was inside of the ps3 box wrapping the ps3 i cover up all the vents so dust does not go (wrapping it all around) in i do this everytime im not playing but not right after i finish playing i wait for it to cool down and as recommended in the ps3 manual to vacuum the ps3 weekly or monthly with a low powered vacuum