1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suikoden 4 backup problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pabsfunk, Jan 13, 2005.

1. pabsfunk

pabsfunk Member

I tried twice so far to back it up using guides i found here, but they both boot but then freeze up once I am in the game. Is anyone else having these problems?

2. darkchaos

darkchaos Member

No problems here with Suikoden,try changing the media or the speed you are burning

3. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

What are you using to burn this with? I have never had any luck with alcohol 120% or DVD Decrypter, or at least limited luck that is. I burn everything with Nero at 1x speed. I also reccomend that you use DVD-R and not DVD+R (it shouldn't matter what brand). The only games that I have had trouble with are: The Guy Game, Bloodrayne 2, and Mercenaries - which you can find the proper ways to burn these games if you do a search here on afterdawn.

4. pabsfunk

pabsfunk Member

I used DVD decrypter to read and write it. I also tried doing the thing where you use ISObuster and then author your own DVD in cddvd generator.

5. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Yeah, like I said, unfortunatly I haven't had much luck with DVD Decrypter. I would reccomend obtaining a copy of Nero. You can probably find it at download.com and then find a crack for it at crackdb.com, sorry that I can't give much help about DVD Decrypter (I hate that program and only use it when I absolutely have to) Never had any problems with Nero though!

6. bandit778

bandit778 Member

so far no problems here. I used DVD Decrypter. I told it to ISO Read then told it to ISO Write at 4x(slowest it would let me) And no problems yet.

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Dont even bother with it. This game is the most disapointing rpg i have ever played. random battles literally every 4 secs. A seafaring system that made me want to drown myself. Completely unforgivable. DVD Decrypter at 8x worked fine for me though, with my TY +r media.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  8. Sparks101

Sparks101 Member

I'm having the same problem...kinda. The game will start and the opening will play just fine. When I load or try to start a new game, it acts like it can't read the disk or something (When the character is running at the bottom of the screen). I'm using Verbatim DVD+R's and burned twice (once with Dvd Decrypter and once with RecordNow Max) at 4x speed. Same problem. I've been using DVD+R's and these same programs for awhile without problems. Any ideas?

9. Ray21

Ray21 Member

I am experiencing the same problems... I jus burned Suikoden IV using DVD decrypter at 2x w/ BenQ DVD+R... i have backed up 20+ dvds using the same methods. It does work, but loading times are EXTREMELY slow. (get that same loading screen w/ the guy running and it takes quite some time). Even when a battle loads up, my guys will load up first... and a little while after, the enemies will load up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

10. Sparks101

Sparks101 Member

Hmm...I just got something that worked for me. I used a Memorex DVD+R, burned with Dvd Decrypter at 4x. Works perfectly. The only reasoning I can come up with is that the Verbatim DVD's used a slightly darker dye on their discs, while Memorex is lighter. Maybe the PS2 can't read the data specifically for this game from a darker disc. I don't know, but it worked for me. Hope it works for you.

11. dawabbitt

dawabbitt Member

hey i am having a similar problem with burning the image. i have an iso and i have tried buring with dvd decrypter, alcohol 120% on the ps2 and nero. i am working with nero 5. i used the burn image setting. all 3 discs failed. anyone got any suggestions?

12. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

dawabbit - if your burn process is failing it's probably because your original disc is dirty or scratched.