1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUM1 help me PLZ on loaderz

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Ray92, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

HERES THE DEAL . IM NEW TO THE SITE I JUST JOINED UP RECENTLY AND I HAVE 1 BIG QUESTION. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A MEMORY CARD WITH UMD RIP GAMES ON IT. THERE WUZ SUM LOADIN PROGRAMS ON THERE BUT IT SAID FILE IZ CORRUPTED. I DONT WANT 2 DOWNGRADE CUZ I DONT HAVE A WARRANTY AND A FRIEND OF MINE WITH THE SAME VERSION DID AND HAD HIS PSP BRICKED. ALL I WANT TO NO IZ IF I CAN RUN THEM AND OTHER RIPS LIKE TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND 2. I HAVE A FRIMWARE VERSION 2.81. THNX IN ADVANCE 2 ANY1 WHO IZ ABLE 2 HELP ME.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

First, please don't post in CAPS.

For your firmware, you MUST downgrade to do any homebrew. On top of that, you will need the actual umd of one of two games. Unpatched GTA:liberty story, or Luminus. Depending on which game you can get your hands on, you can downgrade through 3.03 or 3.50 respectively. Whatever you do, do NOT upgrade to 3.51 at this point.

3. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

sry bout ritin in caps.
    I wanted to ask is there any way i can run the games without downgrading. Because that is all i want.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

The only games you can run are legally purchased UMD or PSN games.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

and use proper words, not annoying text speak

6. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Sorry about that I am new to this site. I can get a copy of GTA : Liberty City Stories, so what would be the process to downgrade, and what would I be able to with the PSP apart from running UMD rips.

PS: Could someone please explain what homebrew is exactly because everyone says somehthing different about it.

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Make sure you have the UNPATCHED GTA. When you put the umd in the psp, make sure the update icon shows 2.0 update. If it's 2.6, it's patched.

Now, upgrade to 3.03 sony official firmware, and downgrade to 1.5 using Noobz downgrader. Refer to this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/462664

8. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Thanks. I have an old copy from when it was first released so it should be version 2.00, my friend has borrowed it from me and is on holiday so I will have to wait untill september. what should ido once i have downgraded to version 1.5, as from what i've heard it doesnt have many features

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You can easily upgrade to any OE firmwares, or the latest 3.51m33. They all have the same features from official firmware + homebrew and recovery capabilities.

10. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

YES!!
    I did it and it worked finally on 1.50
    Thanx a lot black vamp.
    can custom firmwares play ISOs that require higher firmwares, and can they be dwongraded back to 1.50 .

Final question: is it possible to run original umds on custom firmware

11. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, yes, and yes.

Upgrade to 3.52 M33

12. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Some one told me that 3.40 cutom firmware is more stable
    is that true???

13. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Not any more, 3.52M33 is as stable as 3.40 OE-A, and has better features.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  14. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

OK Ill trust u because ur sig is cool lol just kiddin
    ok so where can I find information on how to download it and install it. Also, can it work custom XMBs or themes

15. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Most new themes are only made for 3.52 M33, but old 3.40 themes will need to be convered to work with 3.52.

How to install 3.52 M33 manually:

Here you can find the 3.52 M33 update files.

You will also need the 1.50 EBOOT and 3.52 EBOOT files. You can get these here and here.

Ignore the instructions on the Sony website, just get the file from "Download procedure" step 3.

You will have to extract the 1.50 EBOOT file, but the 3.52 file is already extracted. Name the 1.50 EBOOT to 150.PBP and the 3.52 EBOOT to 352.PBP.

Firstly, open the "1.50only" folder and put the folders inside it (kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher%) into your ms0:/PSP/GAME folder, then run the application from your game menu.

Now take the M33CREATOR folder and place it on your PSP at the same location: ms0:/PSP/GAME/

Place both the 150.PBP and 352.PBP files into the M33CREATOR folder on your PSP.

You can now disconnect your PSP from your computer and run the update. After it has finished it will have created another icon on your PSP, run this, after that has finished you will have firmware 3.52 M33.

Make sure your battery charge is above 75% and/or has a charger plugged in before you do the update.

16. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Thanx for the info, it may take me a while to get the required files and to actually do the process. In the mean time could you also tell me where I could find a guide on how to install ready made themes on my psp.

Thanx alot again.

17. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Not really a guide as such...

Once at 3.52 M33, go into Recovery (Hold R at startup) -> Advanced -> Toggle USB (flash0)

The 6 folders that will display on your PC are the PSPs internal flash, it needs them to work. Make a backup of these on your computer incase you need the originals.

Now open up your theme and copy over the files to the right places in the flash0, when it asks you to overwrite, say yes. Then you're done.

18. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Thanx for the info. I understand how to install the themes, but I am having some trouble finding the actual themes themselves. Could someone please tell me where or give a link to where I could get some of the actual themes.

Thanx-I really appreciate it

19. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

20. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Thanx again Shokz for the info. I get how to install the themes themselves, but I am having a bit of trouble finding the themes themselves. I would really appreciate it someone could give me links to or tell me where to find themes for 3.52M33

Another thing is that people are talking about updates for 3.52M33, could someone clarify this, as it is confusing me very much.