1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

summer laptop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bojan087, Jan 15, 2007.

1. bojan087

bojan087 Regular member

im into the network administrating major. im about to finish my first year. I am planning on getting a new laptop when summer gets here but i dont know what to get and what specs would be enought. I'd like something with 2 gig of ram. Storage isnt a big deal right now cuz i have a 200gb and a 250gb hard drive laying around. (external ones). as of the cpu speed im not quite sure what is sufficient for me. i know toshiba makes laptop with 2gb ram but they seem relatively cheap and im not sure if they're a good trusted brand. i'd like to do somewhat of gaming like bf2 or some sort like that. i wouldnt want to spend more than $1,500 on a laptop. anybody with any knowledge of a good computer brand or satisfaction of owning/hearing of good types of laptop would be great to hear. thanks sry this is so long

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I would customize it at cyberpowerpc.com , that way you know what you are getting and is highpower for gaming and various apps. Notebooks you get at bestbuy and circuitcity come with pre-installed software that will drive you crazy.

Check it out and good luck.

3. bojan087

bojan087 Regular member

yea thats something i havent thought of. i know i told people i'd prefer making my own desktop because of all the software and hassle they give you but i didnt even think about making a costum laptop. thanks i'll look at the site.