1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SummOne fix - what do two of the parts of the diagram mean ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hack_Zero, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

If you wish to know the point of the topic, just skip the next part, it's just background info ;p

Ok. I buy the DMS4 from devino. I get it a week ina half later, from Hong Kong.

A peice of the chip was crushed in the mail, so I send it back to hong kong, and get the working modchip.

I then relize, after installing the modchip, that the metal plate and extension for the case is INDEED REQUIRED.

SO, I buy this.

It was two weeks, and it still hadn't arrived, so i emailed them asking, and I received this responce:

HOW AWESOME IS THAT GUYS?

POINT OF THE TOPIC:

Anyways. Then, I proceed in posting a Topic here, and it JUST SO HAPPENS that out of like f*cking 18 models, i have V12, the ONE that requires a laser fix. So, I order a Soldering Kit.

Then I looked over which fix was the best, and I chose the SummOne Fix. I go top find it, and I get this:

http://www.gamefreax.de/gamefreax/root/_MANUALS_/Playstation2/v12_summ0ne_Fix/v12_summ0ne_Fix.htm

Can someone please, for the love of god, tell me wtf that means?

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I'm going to post the pic so we can all see it...

[​IMG]

Real simple.. The top component is "R"

Depending on the number printed on it you need to use different values of resistors on the other points..

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- not good enough, how about you make thread titles that actually mean something ?.

- see my previous comment. Why should anyone help you if you can't be bothered to make the effort to make people want to visit your thread

4. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

Yea, I have the resistors now. I'm waiting for my soldering kit to come in. I've never..ever installed something by soldering. Where exactly is the "number printed on it"? I don't see anything on the ps2.

Catches peoples attention ;D

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

it only catches people's attention in the wrong way, you're lucky jan gave you an answer and you're more lucky i didn't have the thumbscrews with me.

In future title threads properly.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  6. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

..why does this forum disable post/title editing?

>.>

Anyways, what's the difference between Rsv and Rsf?

7. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

Thanks for fixing the title, but the Diagram's about the SummOne fix, not the DMS4. u_u