1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sumvision N820 Divx Firmware

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by discodude, Aug 20, 2004.

1. discodude

discodude Member

hi, i just bought this player for less than £55, it is great, however i am having trouble as a Divx movie i have (H3LLBOY) will not play (sound is there). i am assuming that the codec is 5.2 and the machine is in need of a firmware update. Sumvision's website doesn't mention any, however i see on the forum and also was told at good old "Bowlers" that the firmware is upgradable... Any ideas anyone ???

great player though...

2. discodude

discodude Member

sorry for the above post being in the wrong thread by the looks of things (encoding issues not playback), only just noticed! however, maybe i could ask advice about re-encoding the divx files into an older type divx format (in case i cannot get a fimware update for my player, i am reluctand to downgrade quality to DVD, and loathed to convert to dvd as i bought the standalone machine to play divx movies... Thanks for reading, any thoughts ?

3. discodude

discodude Member

looks like this player does not support Xvid...
    the h3llboy avi file i try to play on it is xvid (mpeg4). anyone any clues about this problem please, please let me know..... thanks in advance.. The Dude

4. drumdrum

drumdrum Member

sunvision n820 no firmware update.
    just bought this player and there seems to be no updates for this divx player and am questioning now if this player can be updated because some players you cannot update.have tried emailing sumvision about this but have failed to reply,does not look good.IF anyone knows of a update for this player can you please post.A good player upto now playes everything ive chucked in it but a waste of money if you carnt update it.

5. discodude

discodude Member

looks like i will be giving this player to the kids or selling it.
    it will not play certain files, namely xvid encoded mpeg4 avi's, tried renaming the extensions etc. just no video. so far have 3 movies which only play on the p.c.- not a good player if it doesn't play mpeg 4. now i need to convert them to dvd. what a bugger.

6. drumdrum

drumdrum Member

oh dear looks like ill be flogging mine on ebay

7. drumdrum

drumdrum Member

just tried 3 new xvids on it 2 worked one didnt.my mate has just bought a yamada player and is haveing same problems with some files.but atleast there are updates for is player.