1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sumvision N820 no firmware update

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by drumdrum, Sep 4, 2004.

1. drumdrum

drumdrum Member

just bought this player and it plays everthing ive chucked in it.Been well pleased with it up to now.
    carnt find any firmware updates for it anyware.tried emailing sumvision about this but thay have failed to reply.does not look good for this player at all.
    I know some of these new players you carnt update and am now thinking this is one of them even when i was told it was.
    waste of money if you carnt update these players so if anyone out there knows of upodte for it please post.
    THANKS.

2. discodude

discodude Member

hi again, consisdering trying to update it with yamada firmware, what do you think !!!!

3. drumdrum

drumdrum Member

mmmm not sure if it would work not knowing anyone that as tried this it also could damage the player itself.

4. discodude

discodude Member

didn't work anyway, not really shocked by this. just bought another "XviD" player from "Bowlers", exactly the same problem. Guys there still selling the sumvision one saying it is upgradable, told one of them my problem (firmware) he took the player off sale ! BTW. if you eject the draw and pres 1234 1234 on the remote, it seems a code pops up, Firmware version ????
    cheers

5. drumdrum

drumdrum Member

YEP I BOUGHT MINE FROM BOWLERS SOME GUY WITH ABOUT 50 OF THESE PLAYERS ALSO HE TOLD ME THAY WHERE UPGRADABLE.
    THAT WILL TEACH ME NOT TO DO MY HOMEWORK BEFORE I BUY THESE THINGS FROM BOWLERS.