1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

super newbie help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jenn62, Jan 19, 2005.

1. jenn62

jenn62 Member

Ok I just got my first dvd burner and I have latest version of Nero.

I converted an avi video into a DVD format MPEG-2 file using TmgGEN. No problem there. I now have a huge mpg file. My newbie question is how do I now burn it to a DVD-? I tried choosing DVD Video in Nero but it said the files have to be vob, ifo, etc.
    What settings do I choose? and is Nero the best for burning dvd MPEG files??

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Nero is perfect for what you want to do here, but specifically, NeroVision Express. With this component of the Nero suite, you could have avoided using TmgGen in the first place. I'll tell you how in just a minute. But for now, let's use it to take care of your mpeg2 file.

What you want to do is load up NeroVision Express and use the "Create Movie" option. That takes you to a page where you can browse for media, and add your mpeg2 file to your project. Once loaded, just step through the dialogs to "create a movie." This will create all the VOB files. At the end of the process, everything ends up in a "VIDEO_TS" folder. This is what you need to burn to the DVD.

Now, you could have skipped TMPGEN altogether, and added the AVI file to your NeroVision Express project. NeroVision Express will convert the AVI to MPGEG2 during the transcoding process (the process that creates the VIDEO_TS folder and the IFO and VOB files in it).

Give NeroVision Express a try. The is a modest learning curve (probably easier than TMPGEN, though), but it is the part of the Nero suite designed to do what you want to do.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. jenn62

jenn62 Member

Thanks a million guys! I did it. I used Nero Vision since I already had it installed but I'm gonna check out Tmpgenc too and the other links you gave.
    I have another problem but I'll make that a new post I guess.

5. 0ldskool

0ldskool Member

i have nerovison 2 but i have no idea how to use it. I have a downloaded movie and i wanted to know if i could burn that using nerovison express? Also how would i do it?