1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Paper Mario Error

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by cjeb456, Jul 23, 2007.

1. cjeb456

cjeb456 Member

Hi all,

I have in front of me 3 Wii's.
    All 3 are PAL version
    All have the WiiFree chip fitted
    All have been updated online to the 2.2E firmware

Each Wii works perfect, playing original and backup games

I insert Super Paper Marion into the first (NTSC version). It tried the disc update as expected, said all was OK and I could play the game.
    The same happened on the second.

Got to the third, said the game was initiating the update as normal, starts the update, progress bar gets to the end but it never finishes,
    The other 2 were done in about 10 seconds. This one sits there for hours (literally overnight) but nothing, just says on screen updating do not power down etc etc...

Just seems to get stuck at the end of trying to update. So can never play SPM on this particular Wii.

Have tried several times, tried the online update again and was fine - it connected and said there were no more updates (which i expected with having version 2.2E on there) but this disc update will just not finish

Anyone any ideas at all, anything !! ???

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Disable the update on the game disc. To do this follow the steps below...

Download ImgBurn and choose MODE/READ to rip the backup game disc onto your harddrive.

Now go to the link below and download Wii Brick Blocker (The page is in french so look for the underlined link named WiiBrickBlocker v1.3 and download it)...

http://www.wii-addict.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2017

Now launch the program by double clicking on WiiBrickBlocker.exe you can change the language to English if you want.

Now you want to select BROWSE on the right hand side where it says Wii Iso Path and then browse to the Super Paper Mario ISO you just riped to your HDD.

Then select Patch at the bottom and it will disable the update on the game disc.

Reburn the patched ISO (It is the same ISO you riped to HDD but it has been patched).

Now you shouldn't be asked to update with the game disc anymore.

The Wii System could be storing some information on it saying that the Super Paper Mario game disc failed updating and loading. So the Wii could be blocking the game from being played on the system. So if you still have trouble playing the game disc after patching it then this could be the reason why. The only fix I know on how to get rid of that information is to format the Wii system. This can be done in the Wii settings.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  3. cjeb456

cjeb456 Member

Thats great, many thanks.
    Will give it a go now would be far better if the game didn't have the update on it.

Have already tried the wii system format but that didnt solve the previous issue.

Hopefully the Wii Brick Blocker will sort it all for me.

Thanks again!

4. renney

renney Member

larrylje
    thanks this info came in handy

The Wii System could be storing some information on it saying that the Super Paper Mario game disc failed updating and loading. So the Wii could be blocking the game from being played on the system. So if you still have trouble playing the game disc after patching it then this could be the reason why. The only fix I know on how to get rid of that information is to format the Wii system. This can be done in the Wii settings.