1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Paper Mario

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by HyperViso, May 3, 2007.

1. HyperViso

HyperViso Member

I've got a Japanese Wii (yeah, yeah - ok ) and just purchased the Japanese version of the game.

I've not even attempted to play it yet, because I saw all this stuff about consoles being bricked. Now, although my console isn't modded, I did notice that people were saying you needed to be connected to the Internet as part of the upgrade process.

I would have thought that the update was contained on the Super Paper Mario disc itself as not everyone has an Internet connection. I don't have one where my Wii is at the moment.

Anybody know whether you have to have the Internet connection or not or should I be safe with just putting in the game and off I go?

2. mv10

mv10 Member

So you have the PAL Wii and purchased a PAL game? I dont think you should have any problems, but regardless you should Get online.. download the newest firmware.. Install and your set. You dont need to be online while playing the game or anything.

3. HyperViso

HyperViso Member

No, like I way saying - I have a Jap Wii and a Jap game. My point is that not everyone has an internet connection (I don't) and therefore why do you have to be connected to the Internet to get an update that will be on the Jap game disc?

4. kairu67

kairu67 Member

you should be alright, it would be stupid of nintendo to think EVERYONE has wifi, so it should be fine!