1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

supermedia dvdr

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DUBBZ, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DUBBZ

DUBBZ Member

Are the supermedia brand dvdr that the site sells and says are grade A quality any good. Does anyone have any history using these. Thx in advance for the answers.

2. rmcrae1

rmcrae1 Member

I bought a 50 pack of the printable just as cheapos to make sure everything was working right with my new printer. I've found them to be pretty poor in quality. They are aml 001 manufacturers code. PI/PIF scans are poor at best. Only playable if I burn in my NU DDW081 burner. Do not play if I burn in my Lite-on SOHW1633s. I only use them for weekly hard drive backups at this point. However a better burner combo might produce better results. Good luck

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I think you are talking about the brand name "supermedia store" on that media. This store brand name media is what most experienced members try to avoid.Staples have their own brand name,but I don't even bother with them. Stick with the good names like: taiyo yuden/verbatim data life plus/maxell/ritek/ and also the sony and fuji that are made in japan.Pretty big risk on those generic,storebrand name media and cause a lot of issues.

Look at supermedia store for their ty's,and the verbatim data life plus. The good verbatims have the AZO metal dye. It's also a reputatable store to purchase from.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hey saugmon,thanks for straightening,that out hmmmmmmmmmm for some reason I couldve sworn that DUBBZ asked about the ty stuff....my bad LOL

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Good morning JD, no problem. Sometimes we get off track here and there. Must be to much alcyhol.lol
    Later on buddy.

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Good morning back at ya.
    I wish I had alckyhol to blame on that one LOL