1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

supermedia store shipping scam.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by mesa101, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

this is what happened: i ordered 200 dvd's {free shipping] and also a mp3 player {free shipping}..so im waiting for my order to ship and 2 days later i got an e-mail saying there was an error with my order..so i call them. they told me the mp3 player was not free shipping as stated on their site and it would be $16.64 shipping?..for a damn mp3 player that you can hide in the palm of you hand?...i was pissed but my daughter really wanted this so i agreed to the shipping {which was wrong}...so instead of shipping the mp3 player in a different package,they put it in with the dvd's which was FREE shipping....so what i did was pay for shipping on both items and didnt get crap for free shipping on either item....i just shipped a 65 pound amp head to ca. for $25..... im i wrong or what..? looks like meritline.com for me from now on.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I think you just got scammed by somebody in the shipping department..

You want to complain to customer services, and failing that start a rumble with the head office. They can't sell something as free shipping then charge for it.. Time to make a real fuss.

They have stolen from you, mis-sold an item and then not even given you the service you have paid for.. That's theft.

3. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

yea thats the way i feel about it as well..an e-mail they sent said the $16.64 was shipping and ca.sales tax...how can they do that when i live in ga. and they dont have an outlet in ga.....? i keep geting bs from them...so i guess i lost

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I have not had any problems with SMS besides buying some Taiyo-Yudens I ordered being of dubious quality (and I am not certain as I do not have a DVD drive that can do proper quality scans - I could be totally wrong and they could be fine).

janrocks' advice is right on the money - contact management. If they don't refund the shipping, let them know that false/deceptive advertising is illegal and that you will ensure that they will not get away with something so misleading. Remind them that there are forms of recourse including the Better Business Bureau and contacting the CA Attorney General.

Obviously, you'd be in a stronger position had you not agreed to the shipping charges, and better yet if you have saved the webpage claiming the free shipping (check your browser cache or history) but it ain't over yet.

5. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

yea i told them i had the web page saved but they said the free shipping on the mp3 player started right after i placed my order....what bs.

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Send it back and get the one with free shipping...I'm sure they have a return policy if not satisfied.

And in the future I would recommend Meritline or Rima...I've not had any issues with them at all.

7. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

thats not a bad idea about the return..hehe...and im going with meritline from now on..

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I've done it...not bad if you can stand the wait. Alot of B&M stores will honor sale prices a day or two after you have purchased some items. I think alot of people were buying things on Saturday only to have them go on sale on Sunday...then the customer strolls back into the store and returns said item for a full refund and them buys the same item that is on sale. Personally I think this is a good way to keep the customers happy and eliminates alot of red tape for the stores as well.

9. club42

club42 Regular member

Yea I agree with LOCOENG, I have used Rima for awhile without any complaints.

10. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

If it was on the page and they didn't specify a begin date then that's their problem, not yours. It's a question of truthfulness in advertising.

11. mesa101

mesa101 Regular member

yea, there was no start date of the free shipping sale...what was stupid about it,,when i called and talked to a C/S rep... she said i need to check the page,,i told her i had the page pulled up and was looking at it...thats when she pulled the { well looks like the free shipping was offered after you made the purchase}....but when they put it in the same box as the dvd's that was free shipping...that pissed me off.

12. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

You have your receipt, right? The one you got when you placed the order? There's all the proof you need.