1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

supermediastore or meritline for TY's

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by fishbulb, Apr 15, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i'm going to order some TY 4x dvd-r and the price at both of these sites is practically the same. supermediastore is $24 + $9.92 shipping = $33.92. meritline is $32.99 w/ free shipping. any opinions on either one or does it really matter?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Funny you should ask... I just bought 8X TYs from both places the past month and recieved the products with no problems and in 3 days from both stores. I'm happy with both.

3. na_tra

na_tra Member

Well they r both good and repliable. so, flip the coin.

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx, getting out my quarter now...ummmm...HEADS! no wait, TAILS! ;-)

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

i just got ty's from meritline and they actually cost $30 after the $2 off coupon on the website. the discs are great work perfectly and they are 8x not the 4x i ordered, oh well, better for me.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Just got my 100 TY's from Meritline today, paid 29.00 after the coupon. Burned one and it came out really fine, am really pleased.

7. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

which one's are these arniebear? i didn't see any 100 pks w/ a coupon that would end up being that cheap. was that the final price w/ shipping also?
    if u don't mind, could u post a link to that specific product? thanx.

8. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i used to order my Ritek GO5s from meritline, but, since then i have used nothing but Taiyo Yuden media (whether bought as Taiyo Yuden branded from online sources or Fuji and Sony TY coded media from local stores)
    i just recently placed an order this last month for 1,800 of the TYGO1s...the ones in your link, 4x value disc media, they are great and as you can see from my signature, have burned over 1,000 w/ no problems. you will be fine from either of those online retailers. as to the other members that received the 8x when they ordered the 4x...i WISH i had your kind of luck...all mine have been 4x, but, i guess that is expected when you buy them by the truckload, the packages came pre-sealed in the Taiyo Yuden box w/ 6 spindles each. i guess they couldn't possibly send me all 8x media in this box :) that would have been a dream come true, oh well, some of you guys are very lucky, maybe if i hang around here long enough, some of your good fortune will rub off on me next time i order TY media~ :p

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yup iam on supermediastore.com and there 30 bucks for the TY 4X, thats a great deal 4 packs for me

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@fishbulb

Here are disks I bought

http://meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-lacquer.html

I purchased them on Tuesday and on that day they had a coupon code you could paste in the order form, and brought the price down to 29.00 and that included shipping. Went in today and saw that they no longer have this coupon. They are now running a deal with Riteks using the coupon and brings them down to 33.00 for a 100.

http://meritline.com/dvd-r-blank-media-1.html

I thought the disks I ordered would be TY Go1's same as I got from supermedia, but they are reading Go2, am not complaining they were 3.00 cheaper than supermedia. You just got to go into site periodically and see what specials they are running.

11. kinza

kinza Regular member

mine are also tygo2's.

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

very lucky members indeed...still have yet to receive any TYG02s for the price of TYGO1s. :(

burn on my friends.

13. peachman

peachman Member

14. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That is a pretty good deal!

[​IMG]

15. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

those are the ones i ordered yesterday. but i ordered the ones w/ the cakebox ($24). the only thing about supermediastore is the shipping. it cost $9.92 for ground shipping for me. total of $33.92. doesn't seem like as good a deal as $23 or $24 but still about the best u can find online for ty's. anyway, i think i may cancel my order since best buy just put the verbatim 16x on sale again. maybe i'll try the ty's some other time.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@fishbulb

I ordered from both supermedia and meritline, and your gonna end up paying 30.00 to 33.00 for 100 TY's. If you calculate out what you would pay for the same amount 100 of the Verbatim at Best Buy it will come to 48.00. It is up to you which you prefer.

17. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

yeah, i did the math already. i think i'm going to get 3/25 pks of the verbs. 75 discs should hold me for a good while. when i start to run out i'll probably begin looking for more deals on ty's again. or maybe i'll just get 1 or 2 verbs and go ahead and keep the ty's. so many options! thanx arniebear.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Whatever works for you, I am always looking for what is cost effective. It is still a good buy on the Verbatims, I will probably pick up a pack since my NEC loves Verbs. Happy burning, fishbulb.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah i ordered the TY to from supermediastore and the total was 30.88, 7.,88 shipping here,guess it depends where your at in the country, Indianapolis area here.

20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

California sales tax kills me everytime for ALL these deals online. i gotta find some other reliable places outside of CA for my media...anyone have any recommendations?