1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supposedly "Corrupt" ISO Plays Flawlessly in Dolphin

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by SilasX, Feb 10, 2007.

1. SilasX

SilasX Member

Well this is an odd one. If loaded this sucker into ISOBuster, UltraISO, WinRAR (ISO-compatible version), Nero, and Nero ImageDrive, and each and every one has reported it to be corrupted and unrecoverable. It's the correct filesize, BTW.

Now the funny thing here is that Dolphin, after renaming it to a .gcm had absolutely no problem playing it. No resource issues, no extra plugins, and no ini hacks. Simply Dolphin on the default settings, straight out of it's zip file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I have not tried CloneCD as of this point. If I have time I'll give it a go later.

2. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

leave it renamed to .gcm and burn with imgburn at 1x

3. SilasX

SilasX Member

Many thanks. Once I get my WiiKey I'll give it a go in that console as well.

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

That's because GameCube game images can't be read by PCs. So, basically, that's normal. Same goes for Xbox games.

And that username of yours looks familiar... like one off of LUE...

5. SilasX

SilasX Member

LUE? Can't recall that one by abbreviation only - is that another tech board?

And yes, I'd figured that already, but wasn't sure enough to check.

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Nah, LUE is a private social board on GameFAQs and there's a guy on there with the same username.