1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUPRNOVA is OUT??!!??

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dominator, Dec 17, 2004.

1. dominator

dominator Regular member

I heard suprnova got busted! And it aint working now! If anyboday knows how to true is that?!? Cuz if it is then its some bad bad news!!!!!

2. mickK

mickK Regular member

reports from IRC channel say site is flakey but you are still able to search by going to search.suprnova.org. there irc server is irc.suprnova.org so next time before posting check IRC for suprnova issues.

3. dominator

dominator Regular member

But will the actual site be down? cuz that would suck!!

4. offset

offset Regular member

Suprnova goes down like everything else once in while (maintenance and whatnot). They are still up and running.

5. Gort

Gort Member

Suprnova is closed for good. Check out the site. No search either. Looks like the authorities have finally gotten to them.

6. samuraicb

samuraicb Member

All torrent link sites have written somewhere that they they are not hosting the files just links so I thought that would make them "immune" to the authorities. Obviously not!

Youceff torrents is also closed apparently
    Isohunt has been emailed a " cease & desist" letter from MPAA

Seems like the only half decent ones left are torrentspy and torrentsearch but for how long...?

7. sg1fan

sg1fan Member

This is on they're site.

Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!
    But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.
    We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.
    We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
    It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit SuprNova.org every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!
    sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team

8. dominator

dominator Regular member

Rest in peace suprnova..! :(

Why do ppl fight piracy, why dont they with the given money feed poor countries or something, who cares if some celebrety like britney wont get an extra million dollars..

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  9. towell

towell Member

Sad to see such a big player take a hit... they cant get them all, cos a link to a torrent file link can pop up on any unmoderated forum... I guess we'll see an increase in people signing up for 'signup torrent' sites that have share ratio's. It will stop the leeching on the "network", it might even work to make it stronger and faster, it's the basic princables of the "netowrk", if every one shared 100% of each file back, the whole thing would be suprafast! All Suprnova reall is, is links to other torrent sites!
    There's plently of other sites available, just looks for them people and I'll see you there ;0)

Long live Suprnova, Long live Bit Torrent!!

STOP THE LEECHING!!!!
    It's all free, give somthing back!!

10. muphin

muphin Member

I dont want to repost everything when it can be found here:
    http://forum.muphin.net/viewtopic.php?t=12

Basically to sum it all up, i'm looking for peoples view on a new tracker hosting service unreachable from the MPAA and RIAA and other law enforcement agencies.
    I need information, please get people involved as i'm sure this will revive the Bit Torrent community.

Registration NOT required for this forum.