1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surface check of CSS DVDs

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by DanyPerez, Mar 5, 2014.

1. DanyPerez

DanyPerez Member

Hi! I routinely use IsoBuster to check if a given CD or DVD can be read without problems in a given computer unit. For most CSS DVDs, the old DVD Decrypter suffices (I'm not a pirate, please read on). But some discs have an encryption scheme that confuses the soft into thinking it has tens of gigabytes by declaring fake repeated files. WinX has no problem, but unfortunately many read errors are concealed by this program. I do need to know if there were errors, no matter if they are unnoticeable in the ripped material. Can anybody suggest me a suitable program?
    NOTE: I have searched the Forum and found a couple threads closed due to piracy reasons. I have read the Rules, especially the "PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED". If I was a pirate I would stick to WinX and would not be writing this. I would be most happy with something like an IsoBuster that reads encrypted sectors but writes nothing to the hard disc (I have already contacted Peter, and he has no plans to add this feature).
    Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Programs such as DVDFab and AnyDVD can handle newer encryption. DVDFab HD Decrypter is still offered on the DVDFab website for free. It can copy the full disk, or just the main movie if you prefer.

After that, I tend to use a program, like either FixVTS or Vob blanker to "clean up" the files that are decrypted, followed by using DVD Shrink (free version, as all the paid versions are scams). From there, you should be able to burn your own copy.

3. DanyPerez

DanyPerez Member

rtm27, sorry for the delay in reading this! I'll give a try to DvdFab and AnyDvd.
    I don't understand what that "clean up" is for, but that won't be necessary, I just need to check readability. Many thanks!
    P.D. Ha, ha, 1st time I read that a paid version is a scam!