1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SURFACE MOUNT FUSES ON PS2 MB

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by amtm, Nov 13, 2004.

1. amtm

amtm Guest

Ok I know this is going to sound dumb put I never tried replacing a surface mount fuse and I have determined that is the problem with my playstation2 the surface mount fuse that is bad is ps7 I'm getting restistance of higher the 1.0 anyways my question is since this is a surface mount fuse do I have to take the old one out and replace it with a new one or can I solder a new one right next to the old one If anybody has any suggestions let me know thank you

2. guerraalm

guerraalm Member

If it ois a blown fuse it means it is open, so it doesnt matter if you let it in place. Soldering a new one on top of it should work.

I would like some more information on the fuses on the ps2 MB, if you can expand a little woul be great

3. amtm

amtm Guest

Well see the reason why I think its the surface fuse is because I used a mutimeter on it and it registered higher 1.15 - 2.00 thats why I think its the fuse. Oh yeah the problem I'm having and I have no video or audio when i turn it on the lights come on I can eject the dvd I know its spinning just after that nothing comes on the screen I've tried different cables no go no left over solder on the chip or on the mb but thats the reason why i think its the fuse