1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suround Sound question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SFO, Oct 12, 2007.

1. SFO

SFO Member

I just got a surround sound system, to use with my xbox 360, however, it doesnt have an optical input, so I had to scrap my original plan. It has three inputs, a front, rear, and center (subwoofer). Does anyone know of an adaptor which either splits Digital Optical cables into these three inputs, or just the red and white cables from the 360's VGA cable into three? Much appriciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, first off what type of surround sound system did you buy. Sounds like you got something like the Logitec X-540 or something.

It really doesn't matter what you do when all you have is RCA cables (Red & White) because unless you are going through a stereo receiver that can decode the signal the best your going to get is real good stereo sound.

The best set up really is a stereo receiver and 5 speakers that plug individually into each channel on the receiver. Then you can hook component with RCA cables to it and you will get TRUE surround sound output. Some speaker sets likethe Logitec can simulate surround sound and it will sound pretty good.