1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal 64 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Prestonz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Prestonz

Prestonz Guest

I have n64 emulators on my pc n they work great, however i have transfered my roms to my xbox to work on the surreal 64 i got with my evo-x (the one that came with evo-x dont know if that matters)and it doesnt sense the roms, i am almost positive i have the roms in the right directory. Did the ini file stuff n all, cant see em at all. Any help would be great, other screwups experince shares may help me find out what my error is so all help is welcome.

Also after installing evo-x i had about 4 gb of room left on my hard drive, is that right? i have nothing else on there just evo-x i dont have anything but a modchip and all original xbox parts, thanks.

Preston

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

u must click on the refresh button on the bottom right corner

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

If the roms still don't show up after you click the refresh button, then you'll have to change the .ini file again. The .ini in the emulator folder doesn't matter, you have to change the one in the TDATA/UDATA one. I can't remember which folder it's in but it should have some ####n64#### or something like that. Change the rompath to the correct directory and transfer it back to your XBOX.

After installing Evox you should have about 4GB left on your XBOX, that is correct.

4. Prestonz

Prestonz Guest

thankz problem fixed , justed dled the newer version v3 fbd or whatever n works great thanks for the replys

5. 2nick1

2nick1 Member

Hey... I have the same probleme... can you explain me what u did ? or if anybody know the problem... I don't see my roms, even when I press refresh button
    plz help mee!!!

6. bowler300

bowler300 Member

Hey all...

I've got Surreal 64 on the xbox, and the program itself is starting up no probs, but it gets as far as the screen that says "loading ROM list..." then hangs every time. I have roms in the roms folder that are in .zip format, but i have no folders called TDATA or UDATA (as per post by Achilles3 suggesting to change .ini files in that folder). The .ini files in the surreal 64 folder say that the rom path is d:\roms\. Because I am seeing items contained in the media folder (background and icons and stuff), which is also refered in the .ini file (Surreal.ini) as D:\Media\, I assume this is the path it needs to recognise!?!

Any suggestions here would be great, i am dying to get this working right!!

7. JJYayo

JJYayo Member

I transferred surreal 64 to my xbox, i'm not very good at this though. where do i find the ini files? please help, i'm in over my head.

8. joeblow77

joeblow77 Member

OK hello all I just joined and was workin on this very topic a of eariler today...i found my problem and i am sure it should fix all of yours too....the surreal needs to br rewritten in BOTH directories..and all u need is this and COPY then PAST into the INI that isnt working....I will show example of the INI that comes in surreal and that IS WORNG..then show U what i did....

[Settings]
    Rom Path=D:\Roms\
    Media Path=D:\Media\

ok that is the wrong set up and how surreal comes(4 sum reason) by default..and all i did was change to this:RIGHT WAY!!!!!!!!

[Settings]
    Rom Path=E:\Apps\Surreal64\Roms\
    Media Path=E:\Apps\Surreal64\Media\

I was tryin to type path in myself but i wasnt getting any action, it wouldnt work..usually the address bars use the / for a path and that is what i was using.
    I was tryin to copy paste my path from ftp folder and was crossing the \ to the wrong one..here is a past of my address as i see it now
    ftp://192.168.0.3/E/Apps/Surreal64/ they are facing the wrong way and if i try to use this path it will not work.
    example: WRONG WAY!!!!
    [Settings]
    Rom Path=E:/Apps/Surreal64/Roms/
    Media Path=E:/Apps/Surreal64/Media/

.then by comparing them side by side i seen that surreal works off the \ in the path bar not whe /...i dont know if this will help but after doing this {and assuming u know your correct path} of either drive e or f if u have a bigger hdd then i think it is f...i have a softmod w/ a orig. hdd so my stuff is all packed on e :(....well cheers all hope this may help someone someday!

9. joeblow77

joeblow77 Member

I transferred surreal 64 to my xbox, i'm not very good at this though. where do i find the ini files? please help, i'm in over my head.

GOTO your SURREAL 64 folder u will see lil notepad thingies..some will have a gear like symbol that is the ini file!!! u are wanting to OPEN the SURREAL INI w/ WORD PAD or somekind of DOC prog where u can DO the rewrites to the rom path like i showed above it is at the very top of the surreal ini u cant miss it...just copy and past the GOOD exp. I have shown..REMEMBER AFTER U PASTE THE GOOD PATH GOTO SAVE AS AND SAVE AS SURREAL.INI!!! Replacing the one u have in your surreal folder on your XBOX.Then u have to replace a SECOND ini in your E or F depending set up..but it is where all your progs are stored..something like E:/TDATA/ is where i found mine..it is in a folder called a64fea57!! there is the SECOND SURREAL.INI u need to switch w/ the new one u created...good luck

10. jakeyjake

jakeyjake Member

Hey thanks much for helping me getting my surreal up and running but the prob that i noticed with mine is was this

[Settings]
    Rom Path=E:\Apps\Emu\Surreal64\Roms\
    Media Path=E:\Apps\Emu\Surreal64\Media\

instead of

[Settings]
    Rom Path=E:\Apps\Surreal64\Roms\
    Media Path=E:\Apps\Surreal64\Media\

Watch your file pathes everyone

11. derka101

derka101 Member

i using sureal aswell but shadows of the mepire wont transfer over from my pc or when i burn it to a disk does anyone know why?

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You don't need to bother, that game is unplayable.

13. derka101

derka101 Member

anyone know of a way to make it playable?

14. Khabir

Khabir Member

How do I transfer surreal64 to my xbox?

15. zyw

zyw Regular member

Yeah I need to know this as well. I tried ftping and making the directory e:\apps\surreal64(\media, \roms) but it isn't recognized.

16. zyw

zyw Regular member

Ok i got it. e/apps/surealxxx then put all the files from pc to xbox in that dir. subfolders media and roms. now why wont it let me transfer ogrebattle 64 from pc to /roms on xbox?

17. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Do you have enough space left?

18. zyw

zyw Regular member

Yeah, after it didn't let me copy ogrebattle, it did let me copy another game. Coincidentally, How would someone check the space on their xbox hdd?

19. zyw

zyw Regular member

Ok I got ogrebattle to take. I think the title was to long. I deleted the "person of lordly caliber" from the filename and it transfered. Could of been something else though.

20. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

hi everyone plz help me with my surreal64 shi****, I've already can see the roms that are placed in the folder \roms, but the emu don't load the rom I'd choose, it just freeze... nothing happens, can'tfix it by myself... Thanks in advance