1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal 64 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Prestonz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. zyw

zyw Regular member

I have this problem but only with Starcraft. It appears to load and then black screen and Surreal doesn't respond to thumbstick, (no menu) so it's frozen. It loads with 1964 on the pc but nada on the xbox. I tried every rom in the pack, pal version, beta, etc. they all do the same as the good u.s. dump. Other roms run fine. Probably a bad rom pack.
    I'm using surrealxxx and can choose the emulator to use. It works with 1964 on the pc but not surrealxxx when 1964 is selected (or the other emus for that matter)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  2. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

My problem is with all the roms, I've downloaded'em from a very reliable site, which is in spanish (no problema) but still nothing is running properly no black or fade to black screen just nada, the damnnn!!! thing just frezees over and that's it. Really don't know what to do. I'd already reinstall the Emu from ZBXinstaller 2.3 but.. still in the jamm.

3. zyw

zyw Regular member

Alright I'd like to help. when you ftp into your xbox, what is the file structure like? as far as your n64 emulator.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  4. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

Thank U all, I finally fix the damm problem with the Roms for n64 emu, i did make the changes in the INI folder. guess i deleted something along the way but now it is runnig smoothly.
    Thanks once more.

5. Donut360

Donut360 Member

@ Rhanazgul

I have this same problem. How did you fix it?
    (anybody else who has also fixed this problem should also feel free to respond)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  6. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

First I reinstalled the Emu from ZXBinstaller v2.3, then created the roms folder on the E: partition, then I just make sure the ini folder of the Emu (wich name is SURREAL64 XXX)got the correct path for the unrar roms (don't know if it's vital to unrar or not, i just did it), the correct path should be E:/emulators/surreal64xxx/roms; that oughta do the trick.. if not.. just ask again.. no sweat.

7. chuman88

chuman88 Guest

hey can someone help me... im trying to run n64 roms off a cd-r (in surreal 64) will that work? because i tried it and pointed the .ini to roms=d:\ and media to the E:\Apps\Surreal64\Media\ and they're not showing up... hmm

8. sweetm

sweetm Guest

ok i did all the changes, but now when i go to load the emu up it says launching but does nothing else?

9. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Allright, I really want to play some N64 games over my xbox. Now I allready have Surreal64 on my xbox and it loads up and everything, but where the hell do I put the Roms in? I don't see a roms folder or anything close to it. Do I need to have specific type roms from a site that work over this xbox emulator? I am completly new to emulating, so could someone try to explain what to do on where to put the roms at? BTW I have UnleashedX, if that matters.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  10. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

ok, first U have to create the roms subfolder in the surreal64 folder, I don't if this is important but I'd unrar the files before I burned onto a DVD (talking 'bout waste of space huh), alongside with some others roms for SNES, SEGA GENESIS, GAMEBOY ADVANCE & COLOR, SOME MAME too, BUT I didn't unrared(???)the other roms. Ohh.. almost forgot, I'd erase the subfolder media (media.ini in some EMU's), after that it worked perfectly. Anyway as a last resort try to reinstall the emu from the installer disk (shouldn't matter which one you're installing) and then try the stuff explain above.Don't worry I'm new at this S****t also and if I didn't screwed up my xbox is more likely that won't either. Best of luck.
    For chuman88: You should copy the roms into a subfolder in whatever partition (E:/ or C:/) you'd install the emulator folder(SurrealN64 that is)., I don't know for sure but I think is not possible to run the EMU's from the DVD drive (considering U want to save your progress that is) ohh that is another little detail.. when I burned a CD-R it didn't worked so try a DVD instead.

11. AUGBOY

AUGBOY Member

im a little confused. I have all the folders already but I want to know how to move my ROMS to the folder. Do i have to use FTP method??

12. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

Actually I copied the rom files directly into the Rom's Folder from the DVD I burned them on. I used the xbox explorer (the one in the installer that is).... and no problem.. but FYI I unrared all the rom first !!!!, good luck :)

13. AUGBOY

AUGBOY Member

how come every time I go to boXplorer it never shows any of the files on my DVD. What is the best way to copy files from the DVD to the harddrive?

14. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

Augboy try up the following: First unrar all the files U're going to burn onto the dvd (DVD-R) then burn it as a data disc (I use nero for that but I think that isn't important, any software should do it)and close the disk (cause boxplorer doesn't like multisession discs) that should do the trick.. Good Luck

15. AUGBOY

AUGBOY Member

I was wondering why most of my Roms run slow on Surreal 64? Is there settings i can change? I have 1.0 Xbox with Xecuter 2.6 CE

16. huskies7

huskies7 Member

does anybody have a link or a site that i can find the surreal 64 emulator? i cant find a single place and ive been looking for days now.

17. rhanazgul

rhanazgul Member

To Augboy: don't worry about the speed, downside of the emulator is that every single game run pretty slow.. don't know why.. guess is a matter of emu coding... only god knows
    To huskies7: try the following, download it using a torrent client (bitcomet, azureus, anyone you like)some even have roms attached in the same file..other is you just google the SOB emu then burn it into a dvd (maybe U should try several emu's..for the 4Gb space I mean)
    good luck everyone...

18. huskies7

huskies7 Member

ok well....i found the emulator but i have some bad news. i think when i was ftping my box, i deleted one of the files on the c drive or i moved a file to somewhere else. now when i turn on my xbox it goes to this screen that says my xbox needs service, and it says it in many different languages. its an error 21, and i know that error 21 means that its anywhere in the xbox, and it usually occurs when doing something wrong when ftp'ing. now what my problem is that i can ftp to my xbox anymore. i know what my IP address for my xbox is, but everytime i try to connect it, it says that the connection was refused. does anybody have a clue on how to fix this? i have tried the van hesling dvd, like somebody else said, and ive also tried slayers, and i think ive burned about 10 copies of it. everytime i put it in, error 21 comes up, no matter what i do. help would be much appreciated, because ive been working on this for about 2 weeks now, and i havent gotten anywhere. somebody please help me!

19. mughugger

mughugger Guest

kan one of you help me i deleted my memory along with the dashboard can on e of yall email me it or at least help me

20. huskies7

huskies7 Member

hey rhanazgul, do you have any idea on how i can fix my problem? im sorry i didnt burn it to a dvd, like you side, but now i cant do anything my xbox. it wont boot up a single thing. i havent been able to use for close to 3 weeks, and i would really like to start playing it again. can you please help.