1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal 64 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Prestonz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

You can find the name of your host in your system settings in your evoX dashboard.

2. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

its saying to make sure i have pertmission to access

3. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

what will the host name be listed by?

thanks so much for your help

4. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Now that you mention it, sometimes I get that error. Anyways, there's a ftp client software that you can download free, called filezilla. This is directly compatible with the xbox. Once you get it installed on your computer, its relatively easy to use. The address is simply just the ip address, then user name(xbox), followed by user password(xbox) and port is 21 I do believe. If you have problems accessing the files to share, try turning passive mode off in options. But I think that your default host name is just xbox unless otherwise. I checked yesterday on the system settings and didn't see the host name anywhere, sorry about that. I think I remembered because it was just a default name that was issued when you installed the dashboard. Besides, it seems mostly all people who have modded their xbox have the same name and password. But try this ftp client, sometimes it works better than the other methods, especially when you're trying to transfer files that normally you just can't seem to transfer. If that happens, just transfer one file at a time and wait till it's finished before trying to transfer another file. This usually happens when you try to send big files or files that don't like to be nice sometimes like avi's, or mpegs, stuff like that.

5. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

ok, im connected finally, thanks lol. but im having trouble understanding what you said to do to fix surreal 64

6. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

If you go to page 2 of this forum, I've posted how to fix your surreal64 ini file so that the emulator would work correctly. Simply ftp to your xbox, copy the surreal64 ini file to your computer hdd, and edit it as I''ve shown. Save it, send it back to the surreal64 folder, save over the existing copy. Then step 2 is to go to your E: drive of your xbox, delete the fea64 folder from tdata, and reboot your xbox. Then run the emu. This should now work.

7. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

it workd, AWSOME thanks man, i can finnalt play mario and donkey kong again

8. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

You're very welcome. Anytime.

9. guildwars

guildwars Member

my games freeze after a bit of playing on serreal 64 is there somethin i can change so it doesnt freeze??? i have avalaunch dash board and i am useing a disk to load roms but the disc is fine its something about my xbox

10. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

u might wanna reset it like gryphB tells ya how to do on page 2. but dont hold it agains me, im a new guy still

im having problems with my south park, chefs luv sack, and south park derby (i think its called) when i try to play south par, its just a blank screen. chefs luv sack does to this 1 screen and freezes. and the driving game is really glitchy. any ideas would help out alot, thanks.

11. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

I'm not really sure if this emulator has had all the patches fixed, or if they stopped updating. I've played Zelda Ocarina of Time, and there are still some glitches in picture and audio. I'm not sure though, but maybe it could just be a faulty rom. That's my guess, but I really don't play this emulator much because I've been playing on the psx emulator lately. Maybe someone else might know.

12. Masterfle

Masterfle Member

ive tried all the roms for sp i could find, but none seem to work, anyone have a link to a confirmed rom of the awesome-o south park games/roms from n64

13. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Maybe try a torrent search.

14. imryan

imryan Member

guys, regarding the emulator for surreal 64, go to the "usual places" (if u dont know what that is, PM me) and go to emulators find surreal 64 then surreal 64 XXX cuz thats the one i use. find that one, and ftp it to ur xbox. OR you can just ftp the entire surreal 64 folder with everything in it to ur xbox, with ALL betas, and one will eventually work. then change the .ini rom path file. need help with that, lemme know. guys i clicked the "red text" button when submitting this post, but instead of color=red i put color=purple. lol i wonder if it will work. if this text is purple, it worked. yay. hope this helped.

15. imryan

imryan Member

guys, regarding the emulator for surreal 64, go to the "usual places" (if u dont know what that is, PM me) and go to emulators find surreal 64 then surreal 64 XXX cuz thats the one i use. find that one, and ftp it to ur xbox. OR you can just ftp the entire surreal 64 folder with everything in it to ur xbox, with ALL betas, and one will eventually work. then change the .ini rom path file. need help with that, lemme know. guys i clicked the "red text" button when submitting this post, but instead of color=red i put color=purple. lol i wonder if it will work. if this text is purple, it worked. yay. hope this helped.

16. imryan

imryan Member

17. imryan

imryan Member

18. imryan

imryan Member

19. imryan

imryan Member

20. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Man, how many times ya gonna post the same message...Gives me a headache!