1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surreal64 can't find my roms

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by gcroxx, Jan 30, 2005.

1. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i place my roms in E\apps\emulators\n64\roms(where the emu is installed and then the roms folder) but it still can't find my romz no matter what i do what can be wrong??

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i'm pretty sure that you have to edit your .ini settings to list your roms path. check there. it should say

[Settings]
    Rom Path=F:\emus\s64\Roms\

of course your folders might be named different, but that sounds like your problem.

3. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

i've changed it to my forlder but it can still not find my romz. what else could i've done wrong?

4. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

maybe its the rom file itself. all my n64 roms have the file extension ".v64" or ".rom" (without the quotes). other than that all i can tell you is to check the forums at xbox-scene.com.

5. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

did you trying refreshing? there should be a refreshing option. if it doesn't work, try my setting,

/E/emulators/Surreal-XXX/

/E/Emulators/Surreal-XXX/Roms/

depending what version you have, you must not change the folder name. mine is surreal-xxx. if you have "surreal-xxx" do not change the name "surreal-xxx" folder to "N64" as this maybe your problem. also the roms title name must have the same name as in the "surreal.ini". "surreal.ini" has a list of games name.

example: let say you downloaded Fifa 99 game file and the file name is like this, "Fifa_99", you must change the name to the Alternate Title name which you can find in the "surreal.ini" if you open it up. and this what i found,

Game Name=FIFA 99
    Alternate Title=FIFA 99 (E) [!]

so change the "fifa_99" file name to "FIFA 99 (E) [!]".
    but if you got this in .zip then the name must also be "FIFA 99 (E) [!]" in the .zip . most of my game is in zip. also getting a latest n64 emulator would help a bit.

i hope this help. this might be hard to understand since i had a b*tchy time with the n64 emulator and roms myself.

6. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

i almost forgot, don't forget to change your setting/rom path

should be like this,

Rom Path=E:\emulators\surreal-xxx\Roms\

and also refresh once you change the setting.

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to make a "Roms" folder in the emulator folder, and then put your roms there.