1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surreal64 emulator flashes duznt work tho

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by imryan, Feb 8, 2007.

1. imryan

imryan Member

hi everyone ive downloaded surreal64 for the xbox several times from different locations, and everytime i put it onto my unleashx xbox dashboard through FTP, when i click on it (while on the xbox) it flashes, then returns to the dashboard, without anything happening plz help. i already posted this in the xbox software section, but no one ever seems to respond when i post something there. plz help plz plz plz
    catch me on AIM if u wish hockeydemonrk

2. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

Delete the directory and try another FTP program. I was having the same trouble using FileZilla when sending apps over to the Xbox. For some reason, some of the files would time-out or not transfer. I recommend WS_FTP or CuteFTP. I used FileZilla for the most part, but every program I sent over with it did exactly as you described. After deleting the directory and sending the app over with another program (WS_FTP), everything worked fine.

3. imryan

imryan Member

but thats not the problem. the problem is that AFTER its actually on the xbox, i try clicking on it with my controller, and it goes black, then returns me to unleashx. i heard something about deleting the gamesave, or something

4. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

maybe you should change your dash to evox or avalaunch

5. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

no, delete the program from your xbox then clear your cache files, then ftp it back with clean cache folders, and that should fix it

6. imryan

imryan Member

ok i just downloaded a different version, an earlier one, and it works. however, it doesnt recognize any roms. ive googled it, and i HAVE edited the rom path in the surreal.ini file to follow where i put the roms folder. i put the roms folder in a subfolder in the surreal 64 folder. however, it still does not work. please tell me in baby steps what the rom path should look like. for reference, the roms folder on my xbox is /E/Applications/Surreal64_V1.0/Roms. so therefore, i wrote that in the "rom path" text in the surreal 64.ini file. please help....<sniffle.gif>

7. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Somewhere in one of these forums... probably surreal64 help, I've posted how to make this application emu work. Find it and apply. Good luck.

8. imryan

imryan Member

Xsellent i got the new one to work with all the roms and everything from the "usual places" as its called lol. its surreal 64xxx