1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD convert

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by John B, Jul 25, 2015.

1. John B

John B Newbie

My wife created a CD, on it was a rememberance about her mom. the files on it are SVCD, and i am at a loss as to how to open it, and recreate it as a regular DVD to be played on a DVD player, or computer. I was wondering if some one could assist me in this. TIA John

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does the CD have an MPEG2 folder?
    There should be an .mpg file inside.
    The likes of AVSto DVD should be able to load the file and create a DVD format folder you can burn to DVD.

3. jbauern

jbauern Member

Hi. Ty for the reply. There was a MPEG2 folder, but it was empty. so i did more digging on the disc, and found the .mpg file in another folder. I was able to play that with VLC :) , and then copied that file onto my hard drive, and was able to make a DVD on a RW disc, as a trial. It then played as the dvd on both my wifes and mine computers. It was a SVCD that my wife made in remembrance of her mom, and the aunt could not watch it. Now we get to make the DVD that will work. Again, ty.