1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD-DVD Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Watchout5, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Watchout5

Watchout5 Member

I have a slight problem...trying to make my SVCD's into DVD's (I just found out that was the problem) and I need a little help.

This is what I did, Author with NeroVision and let it take the .mpg from the CD and encode it (with the MPEG-2/DVD plug-in) and then I needed to take it into DVDShrink and then I used Nero and stuck it on the CD. After this the audio would not play on my PC and on my DVD player it would be VERY choppy! As in like every other second a blurb thingy.

This is what I'm trying...take the .mpg split it fix the audio to an mpeg-2 stream with TMPGenc and then put the file back together and NeroVision and all that good stuff.

So I need to do something else to take my SVCD and turn it into DVD? Is this what I should be doing? Thanks guys...if you need any other information just tell me! I really want my SVCD's into DVD format.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Use TMPGEnc to convert to mpeg2. Use TMPGEnc DVD AUthor to convert mpeg2 to DVD compliant. User guide for the latter can be found at:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

Click on user guides on left

Chris