1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD or VCD help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by thegod57, Sep 8, 2003.

1. thegod57

thegod57 Member

hi i have sum movies in archive format and on them they say that it is a svcd inside.

So i unrar them and get the .bin/.cue out but my burner cannot burn .bin/.cue files and so i extract the .mpeg out of them with vcd gear

When i load up nero 6 and try to add these .mpeg onto a svcd or vcd layout it says "unsupported file format"

Pls can some one tell me how i can make these .mpeg files compatable and burnable with nero.

It says this with other burning programs to but the files play on my PC in PowerDVD
    thx alot
    Neil

2. mac71

mac71 Guest

3. ABMone

ABMone Guest

why cant it burn the bin/cue, try burn at once

have you used your burner before? maybe you need aspi layer?

4. thegod57

thegod57 Member

i dont kno y it cant burn bin/cue i have posted for help on this before but when i do burn it it burns fine but then when i put the cd into the drive it says its empty

whats an aspi layer ?

5. koola

koola Guest

An ASPI Layer is an important number of files that allow proprams to talk with your CD drives. Without this layer, the program will not communicate properly with your cd drive.

Get the latest here:http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&filekey=aspi32.exe

To burn those bin/cue files, use Super DVD Ripper which simplifies everything you need to do. Available here:http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=63126

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If you are using WindowsXP.... microsoft has already addressed this issue... have a look around on the Microsoft website.