1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Svcd to dvd alternative way?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by g1neo, Aug 20, 2003.

1. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Ive got a film on svcd is their any software out there to convert it to a dvd-r disk so it plays on a dvd player, i know their are guides however im not any good on comps, i want some software where i can put the disks in and just be notifed when they are ready to burn to dvd-r, hassle free:) i dont mind if it's not freeware i just wanna get it done.Thanx in advance

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

3. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Also, www.DVDrhelp.com and www.doom9.org have many guides on this conversion process. You can browse these and choose the one that you feel most comfortable with.

4. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

I use:

1. ISOBuster - rip the SVCD to MPEG format

2. TMPGEnc - combines the 2 MPEG (incase you have 2 SVCD) and use the wizard to get the 2 files needed (M2V and MPEG Audio).

3. DVD Lab - To author and make the proper VOB, IFO, and BUP files, also makes the menu and chapters.

4. Nero - to burn all the IFO, BUP, and VOB files adn able to be read on a regular DVD player.

Note: you need to install SSRC and TooLame in conjuction with TMPGEnc... check out the websites that Yuriv said on how to install TMPGEnc.

Good Luck... took me a lot of reading and some trial and error to finally get it to work.

sirmugen

5. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

Use InterVideo WinDVD Creator2, it doeas everything in one step.