1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD to DVD Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by TAURIAN7, Oct 19, 2003.

1. TAURIAN7

TAURIAN7 Guest

i would like to take some scvd's i have of a movie in three parts meaning three cdr's, and turn it into a DVD(i have a DVD+RW BURNER) so i can play it on a Regular DVD player, can anyone please tell me what i need to do this, or if it is possible , any directions to guides would be helpful or your own personal experience would help too.
    I APPRECIATE IT,
    TAURIAN7

2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Download an SVCD ripper (or pull the files off of the SVCD and convert them back to MPEG-2 using VCDEasy), use TMPGEnc to convert them to MPEG-2 for DVD, join them in TMPGEnc's MPEG tools, and finally burn them with the program of your choice (preferably with the one that came with your computer/burner, or Nero will work).

Good luck! Let me know if you have any more problems.
    -Alex

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

You are Better off Putting the SVCD Files on DVD in SVCD Format than you are Re-encodeing the Files so they are DVD compliant Because Re-encodeing will Greatly reduce the Quality and resizeing the Image to 720+480 for DVD from 480+480 will totally destroy the Image Quality..You are better off useing something liuke DVD-Lab to author the SVCD"s to DVD ,this will Retain the Same Quality and should play on most DVD Players without any problems, and doind it this way you can get up to 3 Full SVCD Movies on a DVD-R....Cheers

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You are Better off Putting the SVCD Files on DVD in SVCD Format than you are Re-encodeing the Files so they are DVD compliant Because Re-encodeing will Greatly reduce the Quality and resizeing the Image to 720+480 for DVD from 480+480 will totally destroy the Image Quality..You are better off useing something liuke DVD-Lab to author the SVCD"s to DVD ,this will Retain the Same Quality and should play on most DVD Players without any problems, and doind it this way you can get up to 3 Full SVCD Movies on a DVD-R....Cheers

5. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Good point Minion--reencoding will really screw your quality, especially with the 480->720 change.

6. TAURIAN7

TAURIAN7 Guest

thanks for your advice guys, i will give it a shot and see how it goes

thx again
    TAURIAN7