1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD to VCD conversion hang

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rsrie, Apr 1, 2004.

1. rsrie

rsrie Member

hello list,

i use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to convert svcd to Mpeg1 format video cd. my movies converts fine until 35 mins then the movie conversion hangs but the frames still moving and the movie size is getting increased. i dont know what is the problem with svcd file why it hangs at that point. is there any setting specification so that that point of frame to be skipped if any problems comes.

and one more thing is for my svcd sound is quite ok but while converting to mpeg1 video cd then the sound for some movies unable to convert and only movie is converted. how can i specify best settings for sound in TMPGEnc Plus.

any good answer will be appreiciated.

thanks,
    Kumar.

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

The only difference between SVCD and VCD is the video. Audio is the same.

Demux so you get separate audio and video. Then, only re-encode the video and remux after you're done.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

As an alternative to converting, you might want to just try using the VCD Header Trick, which you can find here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40078

This won't help if your purpose is to make the movie fit on fewer discs, but if your player doesn't have any problems with it you will get much better results than actually converting to MPEG1.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

And when useing Mpeg2 files as the Source Files in Tmpgenc it is better and faster to useing DVD2AVI and Frameserve the File to Tmpgenc and DVD2AVI will also demux the Mpeg audio from the SVCD so you do not have to re-encode the Audio...I would suggest trying the header trick because SVCD to VCD Quality will not be Very good but with the Header trick there is no Quality differance.......