1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

svcd with subtitles using dvd2svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by gettinit, Jun 24, 2003.

1. gettinit

gettinit Guest

ive been burning divx to svcd's using dvd2svcd for about a month now.now i want to add subs to my svcds.is there a way to do this using dvd2svcd? any help would be appreciated.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No i think you can only rip subtitles with DVD2SVCD!

3. gettinit

gettinit Guest

i have a 25fps ac3 audio encoded divx file with .sub files. how can i burn this to svcd the easiest way possible? i tried to use the guide but its kinda outdated. the software i downloaded is newer then the ones in the guide. if anyone can help me i know its you dela. by the way, i read your post about you leaving, sorry to hear that. your post are the only ones i read everyday. thanx for your help. later

4. Dela

Cheers Man :), Like i said i dont know much about subs at all but the guide here is your best shot mate! I know that it is outdated, everyone here knows that but updates are coming soon i believe! :D

5. mertsi_2

mertsi_2 Member

If you want to add the subs after making your SVCDs then I do not think it is possible.
    But If you want to add external subs at the conversion stage then it is very much possible.
    After loading your DVD/Avi into DVD2SVCD on the conversion tab choose GO and then the "add external subtitles". Now you have to know whether your DVD player will play SVCD subs. You basically have three choices (in the subtitle tab).
    1- SVCD standard subtitles
    2- CVD subtitles
    3- permanent subtitles
    The first two are selectable but the last one as the name suggests is burnt into the movie and can not be removed. For the first two you'd better download samples and see which ones work on your player.

I will not go on any further since I do not know if this is your problem in the first place. Let me know if you need further help.
    Cheers

6. Dela

Ah thats a cool one to know, never even realised that! tehehehe cheers! :)