1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD's over 700-800+mb burn no prob, with no extra encoding needed...just download and burn

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Limit, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Limit

Limit Guest

Hey guys thanks for all the helpfull info...I too was all messed up over the fact that I couldn't burn svcd's because they were too big...but I thought to myself "why the hell would these guys make em so big if they couldn't be burned as is"(couldn't understand this) So her is what to do...yes I tried cdr win and it gave me a message saying this cd is over this amount of time ect...anyway ALL YOU DO IS GET YOURSELF THE BURNING SOFTWARE ALCHOHOL 120% AND LOAD THE IMAGE UP AND CLICK START...DONE!! IT BURNS THE IMAGES NO PROB. I've only tried it with bin and cue files. I had one that was 854mb and it burned on an 80 minute cd no problem.u HAVE to use an 80 minute cd. Funny thing is my cd writer doesn't even support overburn..you see the way these guys make these images are that they show up as 79 minutes and depending on the size, they show up as 701mb. It's something weird but hey it works...so bunrn away those high rez Svcds!

hope that hepls ya!

Limit Out!

2. zoolu

zoolu Member

Hey Limit,
    say, how do I create an image file out of the SVCD file so it will show on my DVD when burnt. I use Nero 6,
    Thanks a million and a half,

3. Limit

Limit Guest

I'm not sure what your mean by image? do you mean picture image? or how to create a cd image out of the mpeg to burn? Use VCD Gear to creat a bin and cue file to burn(you can get the tutorials around here on how to use vcd gear). On how to create an image picture that shows up on the screen well i only no how to do that in the encoding preccoess not after the fact. I'd liek to know this too. You might want to ask teh guys who really know what they are doing cause i'm no pro.

Limit Out!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Zoolu ..You can Not Burn SVCD or VCD Image Files to DVD and Have the Play on a DVD Player...If you want to Put VCD or SVCD"s on a DVD you will Have to resample the audio to 48000hz and then Use a DVD Authoring Program to Create the Menu"s and Chapters and to author to DVD...There are Very Few DVD authoring Programs that will accept SVCD Files as DVD Compliant because they are not ,as the Resolution is Not DVD Compliant, But you can Use one Called "DVD-Lab" it will Happily Author SVCD"s to DVD and they should Play on Most DVD Players....Cheers