1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCDs to one DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RaHaN, Jan 21, 2002.

1. RaHaN

RaHaN Member

Hello all. I'm a newbie in authoring, and I'm wondering how I could compile several SVCDs to one simple DVD, readable on any DVD player.

SVCDs use mpeg2 format, the files can probably be compiled in a single, large .mpg file (as long as the encoding specs are the same for all the sub files), that can then be burned to a DVD-R readable in any DVD player, can't they ? ;)

If you know anything about what I need to do this (software, hardware, etc.) please tell me ;)
    (I do have access to a DVD burner, so other solutions and reencoding leading to loss of quality are not of in interest in my case).

thanks in advance !

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Sorry, can't be done because SVCD resolution is 480x480 (NTSC) or 480x576 and DVD-Rs need to have DVD resolution (there are multiple DVD resolutions). On the other hand, VideoCDs burned on DVD-Rs work nicely, because VCD resolutions (352x240 or 352x288) are valid DVD resolutions.

3. RaHaN

RaHaN Member

first thank you for the quick answer.

DVD players that can read the SVCD mpeg2 format do exist. Do you think it is possible for them to read a DVD-R that has the file structure of an SVCD, so that I would be able to reproduce easily the structure of a standard SVCD, and thus just replaceing the AVSequence file with the bigger, compiled one ?

(I know the burned result will not work on all DVD players, but in the case of one able to read SVCDs ? ;p)

4. Dragineez

Dragineez Member