1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVChost.exe

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Heather59, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Alryss

Alryss Member

You have done so much for me/us, this one small thing can be reffered to my boys. They do some networking, so I can talk to them about it. Here are the results from the checkup scan. I can't remember doing it, but I think I'm on an auto defrag on Wed.'s. I'll check to see for sure. We can't thank you enough.

Attached Files:

2. Alryss

Alryss Member

Yes. Just checked. My defrag is set for schedualed defrag, every Wed. at 1:00 am. Last one was run on Wed. and is at 1%.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You're OK! I just couldn't tell from here,, lol

I can't see anything else that would cause a problem. Let your boys work on the network, that's what boys are good for. lol

If you run into anything, just give me a shout, I'll be around.......

2oG :p

4. Heather59

Heather59 Member

Alryss' computer just crashed. He did an update(only those listed as critical), shut down to reboot and when it came up, it had changed some things. He went back to do a restore because he didn't like what it had changed and now it won't start at all. It tells him he has to insert his Win 7 disc and do a repair. Well, we never had a disc. the computer came with windows installed but with no disc. We are waiting on the computer tec who built the computer, to return our call.

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

there might be a 2nd partition on the harddrive that has the windows recovery on it. might have to press f9 or f10 at the startup to start that windows recovery.

7. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

That can be considered if the repair disc doesn't work.. Some of those recovery partitions can save your data and programs and some can't, that would be ground one back to factory settings. I would say try to Repair first........

8. Heather59

Heather59 Member

Out computer guy took the computer with him, because the repair disc he made off my computer didn't work. Randy is now fighting with out lap top and may manage to get on here to tell you what is what.. I'm a tad confusticated ;)

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I hear that!

Don't know why the Repair Disc wouldn't work? Your computer is also a Win 7 and it should have, but there could be other problems, like a drive crash, etc., etc.

See what the computer guy has to say... I guess :confused:

10. Heather59

Heather59 Member

11. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Surely, you jest...... :rolleyes:

12. Heather59

Heather59 Member

Nup.. I figure, they caused it, they are responsible to FIX it.. Perhaps I should consult a lawyer..
    yeah.. right.. as if I could afford one..

13. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Yeah, I know, life's a bitch... Sometimes you just got to suck it up and move on... lol

14. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I have been using a "layered protection plan" on all my and my customers' computers for years and never have these kind of problems... You can protect yourself from malware but not Microsoft's screw-ups unless you have a good backup plan.. My first three rules of protection are 1. back-up 2. back-up and 3. back-up....
    I all ways have an image back-up of my boot disk that can be installed in a few minutes if I become infected or have a catastrophe like your hubby.... Sometimes a drive will go out and all I have to do is plug in a new drive and install my back-up. Back in business and never loose a bit....

15. Heather59

Heather59 Member

hmm. I need to do that with mine. My HD is going out and I'd love to copy it and just pop it all on the new one.