1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap 3.6 + usb hdd w/o usbadvance +flip top covers

Discussion in 'PS2' started by simmo2302, Feb 19, 2007.

1. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

i m looking to use a program that will use a external hdd to load games off, so i dont have to use a modchip of flip top cover that will void the warranty (breaking warranty seal)

i have read that to use a hdd with swap magic 3.6, u need to format hdd w/usbextreme, get usbadvance burn it , copy files to swapmagic folder on hdd and rename elf file.

thus once swap magic boots up, usbadvance will then boot up, allowing u to play games off usb hdd.

doesnt swap magic support usb hdd's so u dont have to use usbadvance (which is barely compatible with any games)

i really would like to find a porgram to use games off a hdd, but i can see myself having to get a flip top case.

btw i have v15 PStwo

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

usbadvance is the only way I know of. You either need to buy it, or go the swap magic route to boot it.

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

hm.. if ur gunna need it to use usb hdd, y not just buy the bloddy thing hey lol.

just a side note... does installing a flip top cover void the warranty ? cos i have looked at how to open the slim pstwo and install the fliptop cover, but i have no external warranty seal that i can see.

this is a tut on how to change to fliptop covers
    i can only find flip top covers for v12, do they also work for v15 aswell ?

4. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

crap thats for non slim

thats 4 slims lol

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

As far as I know, installing the fliptop does void your warranty.