1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap disc 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MickzZz, Jan 17, 2005.

1. MickzZz

MickzZz Member

i just got the swap disc, but what should be happening is not happening! im supposed to get a screen were i could ask a question, but i got that once and no more after that! what should i do! the back up doesnt work! its start reading and nothing happens (ofcourse im using the slider) i pressed X and still nothing happens!! heeelp!!!!

2. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

You are probably doing something wrong. This is what I reccomend: Get ride of that slide card. You will burn the motor out for the DVD drive quickly if you keep using that. In its place obtain a fliptop case for your PS2. It's not very hard to replace it. When I ordered mine it didn't even come with instructions, so I had to find them on the internet and it still took me about 15 minutes to replace it. I wouldn't worry about your warranty either, if your PS2 is older than 3 months old your warranty is void anyway. With the fliptop you never have to press the eject button, so it will never burn out the motor. Just think of all the time you have wasted trying to get that side card to work, when it takes like 3 seconds to start playing a game with a fliptop. Plus most sites sell fliptop cases for like 20 bucks. PM me if you need tha address of where I got mine from.

3. okboz

okboz Regular member

I agree. 100% acurate so far, nop problems with fliptop and swapmagic

Boz

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I don't think that's true, when used correctly at least. I used the slidecard method on my v4 for over 4 years and it works perfectly to this day.

However, i will not deny that the fliptop method blows this method away by convenience.

5. okboz

okboz Regular member

I suppose its each to their own really, but swapmagic + fliptop is good.

Boz