1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWAP MAGIC 2.0 + FLIP TOP Troubleshooting ASSISTANCE NEEDED!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by red7fury, Sep 8, 2004.

1. red7fury

red7fury Member

I bought a flip-top PS2 from an e-bay auction (not knowing what this was). I also received several DVD-R and CD-R's of games, that I'd like to try and boot.

The auction came with CD and DVD versions of SWAP MAGIC 2.0 - I've done some reading on the net, and I still cannot figure out what I could be doing wrong here. Each time I load S.M. - it works fine. Both DVD and CD SM discs get me to "Insert Disc" screen. I then eject SM disc and replace with DVD-R or CD-R depending on which SM disc I am using. Each time I hit the "X" button (or any button for that matter), the screen completely freezes and I can go no further. I've tried this with several of the games and the same thing happens each time. The PS2 appears to function fine with original discs - no hardware probs, etc.

What steps should I take to troubleshoot?

PLEASE HELP - I INVESTED SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS AND CAN'T GET A DARN THING TO LOAD! Thanks in advance.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

LOL, thats why you have the fliptop. you need to load swap magic, then flip to top up to swap for your backup, you CANT hit eject and put in a copied game.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  3. red7fury

red7fury Member

I should have mentioned that I tried that too. Same thing happens when DVD-Rs and CD-Rs are placed through the top. Still locks up! Any other thoughts?

4. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

When you say that the screen freezes does it turn red around the outside of the screen??? If so it cannot read the disk.

5. brianhxc

brianhxc Member

Make sure that your cd is in the tray properly when using the fliptop. So when you put in the cd, make sure you can spin the cd around, and that it is fitting properly.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member