1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 2.0 vs 3.0...whats the difference?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Elysium, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Elysium

Elysium Member

I just bought a PS2 with the flip top lid + swap magic 2.0 and I was wondering whats the difference between 2.0 and the newest version? I assume that the newest version has better compatibility compared to 2.0.

Will 2.0 play backups of gran turismo 4 and Metal Gear snake eater?

Thanks & Happy Easter.

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Well, if you BOUGHT them, not upgraded...... why'd you buy Swap Magic 2.0??

Anyways, check out SwapMagicFix.com for fixes for certain games. Technically, they're the same, but Swap Magic 3.3 will automatically patch every single game, and eliminates the need for things such as CDLoader discs.

Also, it has faster loader times, higher compatability and it has support for NTSC/PAL (or PAL/NTSC) conversion.

You should have gone with Swap Magic 3.3, but hey, you can make it work with 2.0

As for GT4? No, SM2.0 will not play that game. No one's been able to make a working backup for that game as of yet. And Snake Eater? It'll probably play that one. You'll have to find out for yourself.

3. Elysium

Elysium Member

I got a sweet deal on a PS2 bundle and the kid tossed in the swap magic CD's as a free bonus,I was planning on buying the newest version but I just wanted to see if I needed to upgrade and I might as well just get the 3.3's.

Thanks for your help!

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Well, just try it out with some games. Check SwapMagicFix.com and try their stuff out. If that doesn't work for you, or you got some problems with it, then upgrade.

Just remember : More often than not, bad media is to blame for games loading slowly.

But yeah, I'd hate to see you spend money if you can get Swap Magic 2.0 to work.