1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic 2 and dvd9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ak77, Mar 31, 2003.

1. ak77

ak77 Member

Anybody know if swap magic 2 will boot dvd9 backups? I did search in the forum for "swap magic dvd9", but no results came up...

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. compy168

compy168 Member

I don't think you can back up a dvd 9 one to one. The only way to back up a dvd 9 game is to down sample to movie files to fit on a dvd 5. So the answer is no, swap magic 2 will not boot dvd 9 backups.

3. ak77

ak77 Member

hm, what you said makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the response!

However, I do have an Asian connection that can get me PS2 silvers. He swears they are actual *pressed* DVD9s, as opposed to burned DVD5s.

I just realized the easiest way for me to test would be to try and boot my original copy of Xenosaga... If I boot up using my Swap Magic DVD disc, and then swap in my original Xenosaga disc, would that be a legitimate test of whether or not Swap Magic can boot DVD9 disks?

Once again, thanks in advance for any info / opinions / insight.

4. compy168

compy168 Member

Well, now it all depend on if your modchip is dvd9 ready or not. If your chip is dvd9 ready than it shouldn't have a problem.
    I don't think putting a original dvd9 after swap magic boot up will do the trick. Since the original dvd have the bootup code on the disc already.