1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWAP MAGIC 3.0!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by billz, Aug 27, 2003.

1. billz

billz Active member

thanks to the fine people at ps2ownz for the news

Today is a truly historic day in the PS2 scene for swappers and those seeking to play back-ups online indeed! For starters, we received confirmation directly from the Swap Magic manufacturer that Swap Magic v3.0 is coming in under a month and it's in the final debug stage now. Similar to the unreleased ZoneLoader, Swap Magic v3.0 will offer the following features:

PAL/NTSC Selector

TOC "Refresh" (for large-TOC games such as rips)

v7+ Multiple-ELF Support

Accelerator Built-In

Debug Mode (returns to main menu if disc fails to load)

Possible PSX Boot Disc included for use on the PS2

freinds rejoice!!

2. jumbo11

jumbo11 Regular member

*thumbs up!*

can't wait!

3. telescope

telescope Regular member

Really a good news

4. billz

billz Active member

bump

5. jkewl999

jkewl999 Guest

WHOA ANDI JUST found out about the swap magic 2 like 2 weeks ago ... so here i got a few questions... we talk about backing up our games right?... can we actually backup our swap magic cds? and how?... ive tried but the ps2 just asks to insert a playstation disk... weird?... must be a patch ya?... and where is the best (cheapest place to buy swap magic cds? and fliptop boxes? \thanks y'all

6. lilballer

lilballer Guest

Under a month?? wow thats fast. O to answer your question no you can't cop the swap disks. There's no patch or anything. It's made so that you can't copy it. I really hope it will let me play psx games also. Right now i am just playing them on the emulator!!

7. robert34

robert34 Guest

if you could play a copy of swap magic then you wouldnt need swap magic.

There combined with a real sony game, theres some corrupted sectors on the disc that todays cd/dvd burner automatically correct. So you dont really have an exact copy

Does anyone know how microsoft protects there games?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7 39001
    Official Magic 3.1
    NEWLY UPDATED PS2 Reality 1.50 Guide:
    http://www.geocities.com/x7r3m3_b0mb3r/ps2reality.html
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2003
  8. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

lilballer, just get the gameshark for psx to boot your psx backups. Works like a charm here.

9. Vento

Vento Guest

Where and how much?!?!

Thats what I need to know!!!

10. biglo

biglo Member

this is great news since the zoneloader dropped out and its just in time with the new fliptop cases.

11. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, i'm thinking of buying this instead of using my triple swap to play dvd-r, and cos i'm sick of the damn videos on the startup of Action Replay.

so, does SMD have stupid vids at the beginning?

also, i heard that you have to get a no solder mod chip for the disks to work???? is that true, cos at the moment i just use my swipe card that i made. can i use these without a mod chip and just my card.

and finally, how much is it for just the disks, and where can i get them........

oh, and do they work in my PAL v3 PS2.

12. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

first of all, no, SMD doesn't have any videos or anything, it's just a simple set of boot discs, so yes, you can use it w/o a modchip. It works fine with my v7 ps2 and fliptop, just waiting on SMD 3.0 which hasn't been released yet...hopefully next month. As far as it working on a PAL system, I believe it will...

13. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

excellent. i'm definitely getting SMD 3 when it's released then. how much, where do i get it, and do they ship to the uk???

14. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

At this point in time, nobody knows when it's gonna be released. Rumor has it within a month. As to how much it's going to cost, again, nobody knows. Just keep your eyes on http://www.ps2ownz.com for info.

15. eliot1864

eliot1864 Guest

So i'm curious what some of this means. Does this mean that we will be able to boot games that are greater than 650mb? Or those of us with Version 7's, will we be able to use the downloadable CDloader or bootloader software to play larger games?

Thanks.

16. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

From what it sounds like, yes because it said TOC "Refresh" (for large-TOC games such as rips) and most rips are on cd-r's larger than 650mb. Also, it's supposed to make it so you don't need the cdloader and is compatible with version 7. For example it should let you be able to boot a game like Splinter Cell on any version, including version 7, without the use of the cdloader. Basically it combines the power of the cdloader and the smd v2 into one and even adds in a couple of extra features. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  17. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

What is BOOTLOADER. is it like cdloader, but made by different people or something. if so, how big is it (like what's the total size of all the files), and do any of the files have to be in folders or can you burn it all to the root of a cd-r???????

this could turn out to be very very useful????