1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.2: How do I use this?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by HMustang, Aug 18, 2004.

1. HMustang

HMustang Member

My problem now is that I can't get my original PS2 import games to load.

One game is "Conan" (DVD/UK PAL) and the second is "Tom & Jerry-War Of The Whiskers" (CD-Rom/Japan NTSC).

I've tried using both the V3.2 CD and V2.0 DVD discs along with the slide tool, but I can never get these games to load.

The CD-Disc screen gives me a red and blue line border and never loads Tom & Jerry.

The DVD-Disc screen stays with a black background and never loads Conan. (It has this sound where it's trying to read the disc, but the disc never turns)

What am I doing wrong?

I really want to play Conan badly, but shelling out $70+ for an installed modchip just doesn't seem to be a good idea since it's probably going to be outdated with a better modchip soon.

I remember when I had my PS1 modded with a "Stealth 3" chip. I couldn't play the domestic versions of Strider or Dino Crisis without the usage of a "Game Action Replay". Now they have a "Stealth 9" chip for the PS1 that loads everything.

Any help with my Swap Magic woes is greatly appreciated.

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Check you have burnt the CDs are a correct speed.

Make sure you lock the PS2 Tray in place.

Make sure you insert the v3.0 (best version) CD disc into the PS2 before, the DVD disc wont load CDs.

Run SwapMagic as you would usually.

I can run Conan on my PS2 w/SwapMagic perfectly, the blue border on a DVD (not sure about CD) if it stays blue for a while means it won't load the disc, some games just can't be copied, but as said before I can run Conan, maybe a bit more detail of the problem would help me here?

3. HMustang

HMustang Member

Thanks meta1.

I finally got my games to work. I didn't realize that you had to use the slide tool to also re-insert the tray.

Now if I could only convert the PAL signal into NTSC (for Conan), then I'll be set.

Thanks for replying. :)

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Sorry for late re-reply.

Your welcome, You can get a Scart that will enable NTSC games on a PAL console and visa versa.

5. HMustang

HMustang Member

meta1,

What is an "Scart"? Is that a program or is that a device like a Gameshark?

I just recently bought a Gameshark (ver 4.1) and there's another thread I started about how to use codes to correct the vertical line problem, but I can't seem to get my PC to read the Conan and just recently, the "Underworld: Eternal War" DVD rom discs.

Anyway, thanks for responding again. I do appreciate it.

6. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Scart Lead, it's the lead that goes from your PS2 into your TV or your Scart Box, just ask if you want to know more.