1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.2 USA build - I'm screwed.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by HMustang, Feb 13, 2005.

1. HMustang

HMustang Member

A few months ago, I purchased the Swap Magic 3.0 (3.2 USA build) disc from an online store called Go Cyber Shop! .

I primarily bought this disc set with the slide tool in order to play my PAL PS2 games; "Underworld" and "Conan".

Needless to say, the helpful folks here in these forums came to my aid and offered tons of techniques and advice. Unfortunately, the tech-speak aspect of the messages stumped me beyond belief and I couldn't figure out how to 'hack' the PAL to NTSC coding using a GameShark. (As soon as I got to the word "dongle", I was lost)

Anyway, now there's a 3.3 disc version of the Swap Magic. Now I'm stuck with discs I can't use and I haven't been able to find any additional info on how to rectify this situation.

I even went as far as emailing the Swap Magic creators through their website, but I never received an email response.

What should I do now? Should I put these discs up for sale on Ebay?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you should be able to play you pal games with your swap magic 3.0 with nothing extra.

3. HMustang

HMustang Member

Hello.

I wish that were as easy as you say.

The main problem that I'm having is the fact that I'm attempting to play PAL PS2 games on my NTSC PS2 console, through an NTSC television set.

The 3.2 USA build disc DOES NOT have the ability to select the PAL or NTSC video setting at the start up screen.

My issue is with the video conversion.

I have an Emerson PAL to NTSC converter, but it only converts the color and NOT the vertical adjustment, so the screen is still scrambled (rolling).

The games start, and I can hear the sound and see the color in the video image, but like I said, the image is scrambled and I'm still stuck with these discs, which I feel to be a bit worthless.

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

There is a PAL2NTSC-yfix link on this page, maybe that will help you:
    forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/6/121718