1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3 Assistance

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vesperka, Mar 15, 2005.

1. vesperka

vesperka Guest

I purchased legally the Swap Magic 2.0 DVD and CD combo, and with my v9 ps2 the dvd loader works fine and the cd loader doesn't but thats ok :p

anyways, i was wondering if I could download the latest swap magic 3.0 dvd loader for one simple reason, I need to convert my Gran Turismo 4 Prologue Edition from PAL to NTSC, and using the special boot with the swap magic 3.0 DVD is the only way.

I found a download for the Swap Magic 3.0 CD on DVD, and I was able to load that up fine, except GT4 Prologue is burned on a DVD and not a CD so the game doesn't load :p

If anyone can tell me what I can do to get Swap Magic 3.3 DVD without having to buy it again (seems kinda pointless) I would be very grateful :D

If this is considered against the rules by any mod/admin please delete it, I think it adheres to your rules but its a little on the borderline :/

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you should have done some research since the cd version 2.0 doesn't work with v9+ consoles.

As for your question, that downloaded version should work, your just not using it right. load it up, then eject and put in a big original ps2 dvd game. it should refresh the toc to dvd, then you can load your backup game.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. vesperka

vesperka Guest

turns out i was swapping and not ejecting so TOC was not refreshing, thanks :D