1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3: Booting Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rahulmutt, Feb 4, 2005.

1. rahulmutt

rahulmutt Member

Does anyone know if I backup a swap magic 3.3, will it work if you boot the backup with the orignal?

2. rahulmutt

rahulmutt Member

Also does anyone know if Swap Magic 3.0 will work with PS2 slim?

3. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Your swap magic will work with your slim PS2, you just have to modify it a little-try searching for how to do that. I don't have a slim PS2 so I can't help you with figuring that out. Also no, you cannot "burn" a copy of swap magic, because this disc is pressed, not burned. So unless you have a disc presser, then you just have to buy a new one.

4. rahulmutt

rahulmutt Member

Do you have to burn DVD to DVD or use DVD Decryptor and make an image to work with swap magic 3.3?

5. hursty

hursty Active member

you can make a copy of swapmagic,but you will need the original swapmagic disc to boot it!!!...pretty pointless really

i dont understand what you mean?

6. Wiso

Wiso Member

This may help... I have the 3.3 SMD* and used it to play Ultraman Fighting Evo 2 and worked perfect then used it for GT Concept and NADA would not accept it, mind you these are original games.

GHOST Recon 2 will not work with 3.3 SMD but does work with 2.0 SMD* this happened in my case.

3.3 SMD* has worked just fine with all my back ups, example: Berserker (jap), Fugitive Hunter, GTA San Andrea etc....

[bold]*DVD[/bold]