1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic 3.3+ / burning question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Nikito, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Nikito

Nikito Member

Sorry for what could possible be a stupid question. But i am currently useing swap magic 2.0 and some of the more recent games i have backed up such as Xenosaga II and Nocture have been giving me alittle problems.... anyways i want to know if a new swap magic such as 3.3 or 3.6 would really improve the loading speed on nocture for example and would it also make xenosaga II work without me having to use DVD Loader. or is this slow loading speed i am getting with nocture and the music and voices cutting out durring cut scenes a burning problem instead. i burn at 1x or 2x with verbatim dvd's. thank you

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

About your media, if you have a v1-6 ps2, use dvd-r's and if you have a v7-12 ps2, then use dvd+r (-r will work also, but I have found that the newer ps2's like +r a little better than -r).

Here are some benefits of Swap Magic 3.3 over the 2.0.

1) Swap Magic 3.3 will automatically patch every single game, and eliminates the need for things such as CDLoader discs.

2) Faster loader times

3) Higher compatability

4) Support for NTSC/PAL (or PAL/NTSC) conversion

3. Slots2

Slots2 Guest

It doesnt patch Mercenaries

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Oh, well hypothetically speaking... It patches most games, my BAD!

5. Trainp

Trainp Member

would espn nfl 2k5 work without patching it with SM3.3 or do u stil lhave to patch it?

6. Nikito

Nikito Member

thank you very much, that answered my question fully. thanks again.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No problem, glad I could help.

Trainp, I have no idea NFL 2K5 will work w/out patching it on swap 3.3; you could always just try it and see if it does work and then let us know.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005