1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3 Noob

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rewtbeer, Jan 29, 2005.

1. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

Hey gang.

I hope some of you cats can help me out. I dont have a modded PS2 yet, but I'm thinking about it. Anyways, i've been looking at the Swap Magic:

http://www.linker4u.com/pp/linker4u.asp

Basically, I'm simply wondering, is if I get this, do I need to get the flip top thingie for my Ps2? I have the old version. Thanks!

2. Billyjim

Billyjim Member

old version of what? you would need a no solder modchip, slidecard, or fliptop to work with swapmagic.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  3. doohuh

doohuh Guest

You don't necesserily need a Flip Top cover. The alternative to this is the clip that comes with the Swap Magic discs (V3.3 anyway).

See, when using Swap Magic, you have to replace the SM disc with the backup or imported disc. You can't do this by simply opening the disc drive. Thats why you must open by hand, which is what the clip does, or have a second opening, which what the flip top does. I recomend the flip top even though it voids your PS2 warrenty because Sony doesn't to squat about busted playstations. It's easier and makes more sense, although it requires some abilities with your hands(basically taking out a few screws and messing around with the cover).

I hope this helped you and good luck with your decisions!