1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3 Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by smokedvw, Dec 25, 2004.

1. smokedvw

smokedvw Guest

WIll it play every game? Im going to use it on a new ps2 slim v12.
    I am only planing on using my own backups of ps2 games, not imports as of yet. Also it says that if the light goes red or somethign that you need a modchip. This is why I was wondering what types of games it plays?

Does it play san andreas?
    I was going to do the straw trick and use just the magic disc instead of another mod chip like i did on my last ps2.

I usually use -R but sometimes +R are both accepted?

Thanks
    Aaron

2. jtipto13

jtipto13 Guest

yea smoke i was wandering wut straw trick u was talkin about man.. holler bac at me.. pz i gotta a new slimline and swap magic 2.0 i was wondering how to get it to work.
    thanks
    pz

3. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

slim ps2s won't work with slide cards. flip top cover im not sure

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

slim is pretty good but you can not you the hard drive on it

5. smokedvw

smokedvw Guest

Go to their webpage to see the straw thing.
    My main question is WILL it play all games?
    Will it use any DVD format?

Which games does it not play?

THanks

6. jayco

jayco Guest

yes some times you will need .PFF patch if you dont like straw trick open up your silm ps2 and tape the 2 switches down

7. bern2707

bern2707 Member

Try memtechsolutionsltd.co.uk you can buy over the counter version 3.3, I also have version 2, There is only 2 games it hasnt played, sonic heroes,and i cant remember the other one, On the new ps2 you remove the lid and stick down the 2 plungers with strong sticky tape, then replace lid, and away you go (easy)

8. smokedvw

smokedvw Guest

ok thanks, im mainly concerned about it playing all the games, not how to tape down the lid,

thanks guys :D

9. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

sonic heroes needs cd loader to be able to play it

10. burnitall

burnitall Member

I'd like to say that I had working copies of San andreas and manhunt that worked with swap magic 2.0 and a v4 ps2... I did the straw method on my new ps2 (with swap magic 3.3 disc) and it plays goldeneye rogue agent fine along with resident evil code veronica.... but manhunt won't load past the second screen and san andreas freezes when you try to enter or exit a room (area)

So I think I might try the tape method, but my question is will it really even make a difference? These copies were working FINE before.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  11. exsean

exsean Member

I wanted to say that usually if you use a v.9 ps2 with a swap version 3.2 all games usually work

12. exsean

exsean Member

i wantd to know if anyone knows if the swap magic 3.3 can play pal games on a v.9 ps2 which is ntsc and with an ntsc tv.

13. burnitall

burnitall Member

Just an update, san andreas works but takes REALLY LONG to load when you enter or enter an area (like walking into CJ's house). I'm starting to think maybe I should make a slower burn, I THINK (but I'm not positive) that it was a 4x burn. But it seems to wear down my laser taking all that time to load so yeah... I'll try a slower burn.

14. smokedvw

smokedvw Guest

yeah i found that i always needed to do a 1x burn or 2x, 4 was always to fast for it :(

btw its for the new slim ps2, so burnitail tell me if it works, im goign to order one after i hear back because if it only works for sanandreas its worth it ;)

thanks

15. Aerox

Aerox Member

how do you get the straw thing to work??
    its the segment thing I dont get.. I can do the 2 others.. its impossible :/

16. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Its quite simple to get the sensors to stay down. Find the 3 sensors. Cut off little bits of pencil erasers that are a little bigger than the hole, and jam it down there. My friend taped his in, but now he needs sm discs for his originols. Or a great solution is to get the PSTwo flip top lid, that is still top loading , but its square shaped (like the current one) and has a a circular opening. This way you dont use the sm discs for originals, and you dont have to worry about lose parts. But it does void the warranty. I havent modded my PSTwo yet, but I plan o it soon, and Im intrested to see how these SM discs work. Where did you guys get the SMD 3.3 DVD loader? and can they be burned?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  17. bern2707

bern2707 Member

All solutions and detailed pictures are on the web site i mentioned earlier, The straw method ect, to be honest i wouldnt touch the new ps2, Ive just had a new laser in my v9 ps2,It runs smoothly, I burnt ps2 san andraes with 6 different discs, Every single one worked fine with the new laser, It cost £35.00 cheaper than a new ps2, That doesnt look very well made

18. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Did you just say the PSTwo doesnt look very well made? I dont think a multi-billion dollar company is going to put out a product that sucks. Sure they have had some software probs over the years, but this is their flag ship product. This would be like Alienware putting a Celeron in the Are 51. This is a very well designed system, with the routine bugs. PLus its not like this thing is designed to play DVDRs.

19. bern2707

bern2707 Member

I know somebody who worked at sony for 10 years, his advice was, he wouldnt touch the new ps2 with a barge pole, Its full of cheap components, My current ps2 i have is 12 months old and it needed a new laser, I have 2 xboxes, And i have never had a problem with them, a lot of people are changing to xbox

20. aixelsyd

aixelsyd Member

Does anyone know the correct way to use swap magic 3 version 3.3? From my online instructions from modchipstore.com, it said that I would be asked to enter in a disk, after I put in the swap magic disk. I have a PS2 V4 No Solder MOD chip installed. Anybody out there know the procedures on using it correctly? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!!