1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3 - Screen Size Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by andrewrey, Dec 15, 2004.

1. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

Hello, seeing as you helped me loads with a previous problem of mine, thought i'd fire away with a second.

Since I've got all my backups working, I have noticed that there is a problem with the screen sizing on my TV.
    When I select the PAL Video Mode in Swap Magic 3.3 before swapping disks and booting the DVD-R (Verbatim) with either Shadow Hearts: Covenant, or GTA: San Andreas, the screen results to around 3/4 of the overall screen size. I believe its thinking that my TV is a widescreen TV. In GTA:SA I have been able to tackle this problem slightly by centering the playing screen, but everything is a bit smaller than it should be.

The TV I'm using is a 14" Mitsubishi (As you can see its small enough - meaning size does matter :p )

If anyone has had similar problems, or knows of methods to make it full screen please say.
    One more thing to add, when I choose NTSC, it plays at full screen size - but because of the different screen refresh rate, the colours are messed up.

2. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

*Bump*

Anyone know?

3. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

Final Request for help.

4. kdrakon

kdrakon Member

don't have a solution, but im kinda having the same problem. when i load the swap magic 3.3 dvd, i lose about 1/2 an inch off the top of my screen. basically, the video is coming out offset.

5. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

Its not offset though, with me its just shrunk.

With GTA SA you can alter the position of the screen, and when I move it down - theres just a gap either side of the video.

6. kdrakon

kdrakon Member

what kind of tv do u have (ntsc or pal)?

7. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

PAL TV, with the PAL version of Swap Magic 3.3, trying to boot up a PAL video mode. :)

8. kdrakon

kdrakon Member

well, if the game is NTSC, then most likely thats the problem. i have the same problem when i play PAL games on my NTSC TV, with my NTSC Swap Magic 3.3 disks with PAL video mode. The game is visible, but maybe alittle smaller, narrow, etc. I may be wrong about this though :D

when in doubt, get another game :|

9. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

Ahh I see what your saying now. Yup all the games I'm trying to play are NTSC. Hmm, might be worth getting a modchip in the end anyway.

10. kdrakon

kdrakon Member

i'm not to sure about that. i have some friends here in Canada who play PAL games too. i guess it's just our bad luck :D

seriously though, i'm wondering if its my TV, cause i've had it since 1989, and only recently have i been trying to play some PAL games