1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic 3.3 with magic switch is it any good?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by swiss123, Apr 12, 2005.

1. swiss123

swiss123 Guest

Basically im running a PAL V12 ps2 slim i was wondering how good swap magic 3.3 was? and what issues people have had if any and any tips/tricks/programs that are best to use with this swap method thanks in advance

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

well basically there arent many issues with it at all. The only thing i would suggest getting the magic switch instead of getting a fliptop because its cheaper it wont invalidate your warranty and well the ps2 will look the exact same as it did before.

3. GameDevil

GameDevil Guest

I agree, magic switch is just too easy to use... swap magic 3.3... brilliant...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ GameDevil

Advertising isn't allowed in our forums so please the remove the link in your sig.

5. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

Id go witht he slimtool.. as you can close your lid whereas with the magic switch you have to keep the lid open, unless you open the ps2 to cover the sensor with a bit of tape.

www.slimtool.co.uk - if you want to to take a look!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  6. swiss123

swiss123 Guest

Thanks all! ive opted for magic switch and swapmagic 3.3 however im having real problems backing up fifa 2005 ive burned it once with dvd decrypter and it runs far to slow to use and ive rebuilt it using dvddecry/isobuster and nero but still no joy im burning at slowest speed using verbatim dvd-r.

7. stivity7

stivity7 Member

I have no idea what u guys are thinking...swap magic is the WORST. It wont even bring me to the title screen where it says video mode and something else. It just spins for 5 seconds and says.."please insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc". All of my tools are put in correctly and I have no idea of what the problem could be.