1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jaimechu, Nov 18, 2004.

1. jaimechu

jaimechu Member

Has it been released yet. Anyone know where to find it?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i beleive the last release date i saw was the 23 nov

3. NLmarshal

NLmarshal Member

Do you think i should buy the 3.3 version for my pstwo/slimline? The previous version didnt work for me (did the tape switch thing).

4. Melonpan

Melonpan Member

do you have an NTSC slim ps2? if you got the SM 3.3 would u still need to do the tape?

5. Zakk77

Zakk77 Member

You would still need the tape mod.

6. athrun

athrun Member

Finally I have modded my PSTWO. I bought a DMS4 Pro. But at the end I choose to do Swap Magic Mod. Here is my conclusion for everyone thinking of mod their PSTWO.

1. Laser Burn out problem. Compare to Modchip and Swap Magic I think. Is more safe to go for Swap Magic.

2. My PSTwo is Australia PAL version. After I modded my PS2. I have tested more than 10 games. NTSC Japanese version. No problem.

3. The Version I used was Swap Magic DVD 2.0 EUR Build. And Swap Magic 3.0 CD EUR Build.

4. NEVER use superglue, just "Tape" is fine. I done mine in less than 10mins.

5. In my opinion Laser burn out is cause by the "modchip", and I don't think there is a "SAFE" modchip for PSTWO. I recommend Swap Magic, compare to modchip is more safer.

MAKE SURE you have the RIGHT Swap Magic version for your PSTWO. I tried my Swap Magic EUR version on my Japanese NTSC is not working.

I think tape mod is a MUST for Swap Magic. Even you have SM v3.3 still u have to do tape mod. Good news is only take u less than 15mins to do it.

7. Whillis

Whillis Member

I just ordered a Swap Magic v 3.3 i hope it works well...http://www.modchip.ca

8. BerinG

BerinG Member

the reason for SM3.3 is the v9+ ps2 .. and pstwo..

the cd 3.2 doesnt work on the new pstwo.. i might pick up swapmagic 3.3 too for that reason.. dvd works fine though.. and you always need the tape mod..

9. Melonpan

Melonpan Member

hey, how many of you have orderd from modchips and already revieved ur Swap Magic 3.3 i live near Seattle, WA and mines being backorderd but i already have 2 japanese games waiting @ my house to be played...i just gotta wait for them to get it in stock...and soon i hope. has anyone recieved theirs yet?

10. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

you can buy it there at consolesource.com.really good site

11. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

ho ya they ship worldwide too

12. Melonpan

Melonpan Member

damn lol. i already bought it...thanks tho, i'll still check it out

13. Melonpan

Melonpan Member

they seel SWAP MAGIC 3.3 for slim line 2? huh where is it? all i see is for up to versin 11, isnt that PAL slimline? or is it all the same really...

14. Melonpan

Melonpan Member

...wtf is going on with modchips.com...now its the 26rd...wat the hell is 26rd!!! grr i hope they really mean it this time...mine says backorderd does that mean i have to re-order the Swap Magic 3.3 or does it just send me this new one [bold]tomorrow[/bold]!

15. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

Melonpan no i check ps2 versions and its 700011 and 700012 is the same v11 so it should work what version do u have Melonpan

16. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

i dont know if pal and ntsc but it should be defferent it not the same region if u have pal i think u can get it at the same web site but not sure.

17. Melonpan

Melonpan Member

I've got NTSC 70012

18. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

buy the us sm 3.3 then to be sure it works,i think its 24.99 us$.but i think you af to do the mod with the tape not sure.

19. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

like i says il let you know when i get mine

20. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

Melonpan:i just bot my sm 3.3 im probably get it in the next 1-2days i took the fastess shipping and it cost me 29.74 usd probably like 36.00 canada $ when i get it il try it without the tape thing mod and let you now if it works without the tape mod or not.juste to help u guys out.