1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic 3.3?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ukballer, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ukballer

ukballer Guest

i know i keep asking questions..but you guys are very helpful..
    I'm getting ready to buy the swap magic 3.3 disks..

Do i have to have the slide card?
    Will it work if i just have the two disks?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you have to have some way of swapping for your backup, either the slide card or fliptop. BTW, slide card doesn't work for the slim ps2.

3. jgdsl

jgdsl Member

you should by version 3.6 they are the newest

4. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

hi there!!

with the help and advice from all of the knowledgable people on this forum, i just ordered the swap magic 3.3 discs and a flip top cover for my ps2. i already received it in the mail today and i put it together. i love it!! it couldn't be easier, even for someone like me :c)

i haven't tried the slide card, but after using the flip top method, i cannot imagine the slide card being as user friendly.

but to answer your question, yes-you do need the discs as well as either the flip top or slide card to put a backup disc in without the ps2 knowing. if it knows it is a backup, it won't read or recognize it. that is why you have to use the swap magic boot discs... it tricks your machine into thinking the original game disc is in there.

i hope i wasn't too confusing!! let me know if this helped...

heidi

5. ukballer

ukballer Guest

it definetly did help..thnx everyone..i just bout the disks and the slide card...b/c slide card is easier..YOU GUYS ARE COOL!

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

how you got that idea, i don't know. The fliptop might be a little more work to install, but is a hundred times easier to use than the slide card.

7. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

agree with sly, tried the slide card just out of interest... the fliptop is so much less hassle than the slide card. fliptop takes about 30 mins to install once you know what you're doing... first time round maybe takes an hour or so because you're generally a bit more careful.
    btw, have installed a fliptop manymany times now for all my friends and family... go with the fliptop it'll be worth it in the end.

8. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

i agree with sly and paddymail... the flip top is sooooo easy and i don't find it to be a hassle at all. why would you want to mess around with a slide card, trying to get the technique "just right" when all you have to do is press a button to open up the flip top??

i went with the flip top and swap magic 3.3 and it couldn't be more simple. even someone like me could install the new cover easily too.

heidi

9. Silver28

Silver28 Member

I also ordered the slide card at first for my V7 PS2, but just last week I switched to the flip top case. I loved it so much I ordered another one for my PSTWO slim. The only problem I encountered was with the V7 flip top case I had to "cut down" a small portion of plastic where the screw goes into in the area where the Reset and Eject buttons sit. It wasn't letting me close the case firmly. Other than that, piece of cake to install.

Yes, there is getting some used to the slide card and once you "master" it you shouldn't have any problem.

But, I definitely love the flip top better.